Wellness Education: Alcohol, Drug Use & Consent/Sexual Violence Education
What is 3rd Millennium Classroom?
3rd Millennium Classroom offers online courses that first year students must take in order to attend Wentworth. The courses educate around alcohol use, drug use, and consent/sexual violence. These courses are unique in that while they educate on these topics. they also offer personalized, confidential feedback for each student. The 4 online modules that you will take are called Alcohol-Wise, Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect. Please set aside 1 hour for both Alcohol-Wise and Consent Respect and aroud 20-30 minutes for Other Drugs and Marijuana-Wise.
What are these courses about?
- Alcohol-Wise provides essential information about alcohol and its effects, enabling students to make healthy and safe decisions.
- Marijuana-Wise educates students about the harmful effects of marijuana and acts as a prevention tool for future marijuana related problems.
- The Other Drugs course provides the physiological, health, and legal consequences of drug use and possession. This course covers stimulants, inhalants, ecstasy or hallucinogens, street opioids, herbal/sythetic drugs, sedatives and prescription painkillers.
- Consent & Respect provides information about sexual respect, consent, sexual assault, and healthy relationships. Wentworth mandates that incoming new students complete all four courses in order to ensure that all students have consistent knowledge on these important topics.
Alcohol-Wise has a Part 1 that students complete over the summer before they arrive at Wentworth, and a Part 2 that they complete midway through the fall semester. Part 2 will become available to students 45 days after they complete Part 1. Students will receive an email reminder to complete Part 2. Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect only consist of a summer portion that students complete before classes start on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
Completion of Parts 1 and 2 of Alcohol-Wise and completion of Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect are mandatory and count as part of your First-Year Seminar grade.
Important Note: Part 1 of Alcohol Wise and Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs, and Consent & Respect all have exams that students must pass in order to be marked complete. If a student does not pass with a score of 70 or higher, the student must retake the course and the exam until they do pass.
Wednesday, August 10, 2016:
Part 1 of Alcohol-Wise and Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect become available to students on Leopardweb.
Tuesday, September 6 2016:
Part 1 of Alcohol-Wise and Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect are due.
Friday, November 18, 2016:
Part 2 of Alcohol-Wise must be complete.
- Log onto LeopardWeb using your WIT username and password.
- Click the “Student” Tab
- Click on “3rd Millennium-Substance Use Education”. Students need to click this ONE link to have ALL courses added to their 3rd Millennium Classroom.
- You will be redirected to the 3rd Millennium Classroom Portal. (Please note that you must disable the pop-up blocker in some browsers to allow the page to open in new tab/window). In case redirection fails, please use the hyperlink provided on the landing page.
- To return to the courses, repeat the steps above. (Start by logging into LeopardWeb.) Subsequent logins will take the users to the 3rd Millennium Portal directly.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
- Email: Use this link to submit a technical support request directly to 3rd Millennium Classroom: http://www.3rdmilclassrooms.com/website/studenthelp.aspx
- Call: If you prefer to speak with someone directly, call 3rd Millennium Classroom's techical support at (888) 810-7990.
Information for Transfer Students
All transfer students are required to complete the 3rd Millennium Classroom courses.
If you already completed Alcohol-Wise, Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect at your former institution, you do not need to retake it. However, it is your responsibility to obtain a record of your completion and share it with email@example.com. There are two ways to do this.
- Access your records by logging into your 3rd Millennium Classroom account directly and sending firstname.lastname@example.org an email with proof of your completion.
- You can also contact 3rd Millennium Classroom to ask them for your certificate of completion
- Email: Use this link to submit a request for certificate of completion directly to 3rd Millennium Classroom: http://www.3rdmilclassrooms.com/website/studenthelp.aspx
- Call: If you prefer to speak with someone directly, call 3rd Millennium Classroom (888) 810-7990 to request certificate of completion.
Important note: Even if you already completed Alcohol-Wise at your former institution, you still need to complete the other courses Marijuana-Wise, Other Drugs and Consent & Respect. Do not ignore this requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am an international student. Do I still have to take the 3rd Millennium Classroom courses?
Q: I am a transfer student. Do I have to take the 3rd Millennium Classroom courses?
Q: I don't drink. Do I still have to take Alcohol-Wise?
A: Yes. All Wentworth students need to have basic knowledge about alcohol, even if they choose not to drink. This way you will be prepared to help and support any friends or classmates who choose to drink, and you will be prepared to make healthy decisions if you one day do decide to drink.
Q: I don't use marijuana or other drugs. Do I still have to take Marijuana-Wise or Other Drugs?
A: Yes. All Wentworth students need to have basic knowledge about marijuana and other drugs, even if they choose not to use these substances. This way you will be prepared to help and support any friends or classmates who choose to use marijuana and other drugs.
Q: But I am over 21. Do I still have to take Alcohol-Wise?
A: Yes. You are never too old to learn about alcohol. If you already know a lot about alcohol, this course will be a great refresher.
If you have other questions about 3rd Millennium Classroom, please contact email@example.com.