Atrius Student Health Services
Healthy Living at Wentworth
Atrius Student Health Services
In addition to primary medical care, Wentworth offers specialized services including counseling, disability services and comprehensive health education. Atrius Health (formerly Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services) (Atrius) provides primary medical care services on campus to students enrolled at Wentworth. Students may use Atrius for diagnosis and treatment of both short and long term illnesses and for preventive care.
Atrius is located on campus in the Mass Art Tree of Life building, 2nd floor at 578 Huntington Avenue and is open Fall and Spring Semester Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The main number is 617-879-5220.
Making an appointment
Both scheduled and walk-in appointments are available at Atrius. Students will need to register as an Atrius patient by calling 1-800-249-1767. Once registered, students can call 617-879-5220 to schedule their appointment.
Atrius will bill the student's health insurance plan for all services rendered. Please visit Atrius’ list of Accepted Health Insurance Plans. If your plan is not accepted, you will be responsible for all costs and will need to work with your insurance carrier directly to be reimbursed. If your plan is not accepted at Atrius, Wentworth offers an exceptional Student Health Insurance Plan underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company, Inc.
Students must present their Wentworth ID and their health insurance card at every appointment. Wentworth will pay up to the first $35.00 of student’s responsibility for co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles due for primary care services. For specialty and diagnostic services, however, co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles may be due, as outlined in the student's insurance plan. Wentworth does not cover any part or specialty or diagnostic services for students. For a list of primary and specialty/diagnostic services, please visit the Atrius website.
Medical advice and information is also available to students by phone 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by dialing the main Health Services telephone number 617-879-5220.
Wentworth students also have access to medical care at Atrius’ Kenmore practice (133 Brookline Avenue) when the MassArt site is not open. This would include:
- Weekday mornings from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Weekday evenings from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sundays and holidays from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
When using the Atrius Kenmore practice, students should identify themselves as a Wentworth student by presenting a validated Wentworth photo identification card. Students should also carry their insurance card.
In the case of a life-threatening emergency, students should immediately contact Wentworth Office of Public Safety at 617-989-4444.
Atrius respects student confidentiality. No health information is released to parents or college staff without the student's written authorization unless required by law or unless it is life threatening.
For additional information, please visit Atrius Health.
Student Health Insurance Plan
According to Massachusetts law, Wentworth students enrolled for 9 or more credit hours per semester, including co-op students and international students, will be required, as a condition of enrollment, to have adequate health insurance. This policy has been put in place to ensure that students have access to quality and appropriate health care while pursuing their college career at Wentworth. Students who are not enrolled in a qualified health plan will be required to enroll in the Wentworth Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), which has been designed specifically to meet the needs of Wentworth students.
The SHIP offers exceptional coverage at an outstanding value compared to most options available to students. For coverage details including costs, benefits, exclusions, any reductions or limitations, please refer to the plan information online or call 800-977-4698. The SHIP is underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company and administered by UnitedHealthcare Student Resources.
- All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on co-op) will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan.
- If the student is covered by another plan that offers comparable coverage and wants to waive the college insurance plan, the student MUST complete the Health Insurance Waiver on-line by the semester bill due date. Once the waiver is completed, a waiver credit will be added to the account.
- If the student wants to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan, the student must complete Health Insurance Enrollment form on-line. The premium is due in full by the semester bill due date.
- Any questions regarding the billing process should be directed to the Student Service Center (617-989-4020).
- Wentworth requires international students to be enrolled in the college plan (SHIP).
- Dependent coverage is available for dependents of students who enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Rates for dependents can be found online.
- The Massachusetts Division of Health Care Finance and Policy has ruled that free care provided by the Uncompensated Care Pool is not comparable coverage. If you should have any questions regarding the state-mandated qualifying student health insurance program, please visit the Massachusetts Division of Health Care's website.
Students should know whether they have the college insurance plan (SHIP) or a family plan. If a student is covered by SHIP, Health Services knows the policy number for the students. However, if covered by a family plan, please be sure to:
- carry an insurance card,
- know under whose plan you're covered (mother, father, yourself),
- know the name of the plan,
- know the policy number of the plan, and the address