Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Everything You Need to Know about Applying to Wentworth
Wentworth practices rolling admissions, which means we review applications as they are received. The priority deadline for completed applications is February 15. Apply early as some programs may reach capacity. If applying after February 15, we invite you to contact the Admissions Office for space availability in your area of interest.
Here’s what you’ll need to submit:
We accept any of the following online submissions:
Your Official Transcripts
Please note that transcripts are considered official only if sent directly from your high school.
You must take either the SAT or ACT. Official scores should be sent to us directly from College Board. Wentworth's College Board code is 3958. Scores may also be submitted directly from your guidance office. In addition, please note:
- In order to receive full consideration for admittance, we encourage students to sit for the SAT no later than January of each year. Applicants who either apply or who take the SAT after January will be reviewed on a space-available basis for the intended major.
- Redesigned SAT
- If you are applying for Fall 2017 or later, you may submit scores from the old SAT if the exam was completed prior to March 2016.
- If you take both the old and the new SAT, both exams may be submitted.
- If you did not complete the SAT prior to March 2016, you must submit the new SAT scores.
We require at least one recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher.
You can submit your essay with your application, or send it separately by mail or email. The required length is 250-500 words. Please make sure your name is included on your essay.
Be sure to include your participation in community service activities, athletic teams, employment and involvement in clubs and organizations.
You must complete a mathematics course of study through the Algebra II level, at least one laboratory science course (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, or Physics), and four years of English.
- Students applying for Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Electromechanical, Civil, Computer, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering must also have taken a minimum of Precalculus.
Additional Information for Specific Applicants
- International or international transfer applicants
- Transfer applicants
- Home schooled applicants
- Interior Design, Industrial Design, or Architecture applicants: Wentworth does not require incoming first-year applicants to submit a portfolio. However, transfer applicants who wish to be evaluated for possible transfer credit in design or drawing courses must submit a portfolio.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals