Procurement Credit Card Guide
Welcome to the Wentworth Institute of Technology Procurement Credit Card Program provided by J.P MorganChase. The procurement card is a purchasing tool that offers an alternative to the Wentworth Purchase Order or the Direct Pay method used to purchase and pay for goods and services with a value of less than $1,000.
This user guide outlines the benefits of the program to you, your department and the Institute, and provides you with information needed to use the card. The procurement credit card concept is designed to delegate authority and capability, to quickly and conveniently purchase approved commodities directly from vendors that accept the MasterCard credit card.
Benefits to the Cardholder and Wentworth
- Goods and services can be obtained quickly and easily.
- The workload and volume of paper related to the purchase and payment for goods and services is significantly reduced.
- The card provides for primary auto rental insurance.
- The card provides automatic travel insurance.
Benefits to the Vendor/Supplier
- Payment is made to the vendor in as little as three business days.
- Elimination of invoicing and collection activities.
- Streamlined tax and reporting structure.
The procurement card is designed to be used for purchases related to Wentworth business only. USE OF THE CARD FOR PERSONAL PURCHASES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The Purchasing department and Accounts Payable are responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the program. If you have any questions regarding the program or appropriate use of the card please contact Gerry Inman.