Installing and Licensing Primavera P6
- Make sure you are plugged into an Ethernet connection on campus before starting.
- Download and run the P6 Installation package from LeopardWeb Software Distritubion
- Click next to begin the installation.
- Click Next to launch the installer.
- Click Run to start the installation
- Wait for the setup process to finish initializing
- Click Next
- When asked for a product code, enter EC-C01
- Select “Primavera Stand-alone” and then click Next
10. Keep the default installation directory.
11. Keep the default, and click Next
12. Keep the default options selected, and click Next
13. Click Next
14. Click Browse
15. Change to “License Files” and locate the “2. P6 license.lic” file that was placed on your desktop by the installer.
16. Click Next to license the database
17. Click next
18. Wait for the installer to finish
19. When prompted about compatibility issues, click “Run the program without getting help.”
20. Wait for the SQL Server installer to complete.
21. Another compatibility prompt will appear. Select “Run the program without getting help”
22. Wait for the SQL Server setup to complete.
23. The setup will move onto another screen. Wait for it to complete
24. After SQL Server installs, P6 will continue to complete its setup.
25. P6 Will then create the initial database. Wait for it to complete
26. Keep the information the same, and click Next
27. Keep the alias the same, and click Finish
28. Keep the information the same, and click Next
29. Keep the alias the same, and click Finish
30. Click Finish
31. Click OK to start the MS SQL Server upgrade
32. Click Run to start the SQL Update
33. Click “Run the program without getting help”
34. Wait for the installation to begin
35. Click “Run the program without getting help
36. Click the box to accept the licensing terms and conditions, and then click next
37. Click install
38. Wait for the installation to finish
39. Click Next after the installation completes
40. Click “Run the program without getting help”
41. Click next to start the SQL Server installation
42. Click next.
43. Enter in “Windows User” as the Name. Leave Company blank, and click Next.
44. Keep the default options selected, and click Next
45. Keep the default mode selected, and click Next.
46. Keep the defaults selected, and click Next again
47. Keep the defaults, and click next once again.
48. Click Install
49. Wait for the installation to finish.
50. Click Next once the installation is complete
51. Click Finish
52. The installation of P6 is now complete
53. Opening for the first time:
Login Name: admin
53. The sample project has been opened. P6 has been installed successfully.