Junior Student Media Technician Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Student Media Technician will assist the Wentworth Audio Visual efforts under the supervision of the A/V Technician and User Services Manager to facilitate A/V production/event needs. As well as assisting the Hel Desk Manager in various assignments related to the function of the Help Desk. Additionally, the technician will be responsible for support and maintenance of audio/visual equipment by performing the following duties:
- Perform preventive and minor equipment maintenance, using available resources.
- Operate projectors, DVD players, laptop computers, video cameras, streaming equipment, and sound recording equipment.
- Verify mediated Classroom health checks from Student Employees and providing summary reports to A/V Technician
- Setup and operate sound equipment to include, but not limited to: speakers, microphones, wireless microphones, mixing boards, video cameras, amplifiers, internet view streaming equipment, and occasionally assistive listening devices.
- Provide superior customer service to all Help desk patrons, support personnel, and fellow employees.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending jobs using the DTS call tracking system.
- Be able to work off hours/weekends if required.
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment.
- Must be familiar, or be willing to become familiar with, sound equipment and mixing boards.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must have a flexible schedule and work irregular hours, primarily during the evening-late evening and weekends.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects, be detail-oriented, responsible, and dedicated to providing quality service.
The Media Event Technician must be familiar with or willing to learn about sound equipment, mixing boards, and many types of video equipment. The technician should be reliable and flexible to work as many events as possible throughout the year. The candidate should possess basic customer service skills. The candidate should be a problem solver who is capable of following DTS written and oral procedures and policies. The candidate must be a confident self-starter who desires to improve the support provided by the Media Services team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must regularly lift and carry boxes of supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Lift and carry to other locations on campus as well as over your head if needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.