Our commuter student population mainly consists of two groups: traditional commuters and off-campus students.
Off-campus students are students who have obtained their own apartment or home near campus. Off-campus students often have shared housing with roommates.
Off-Campus Student Resources:
- "A Guide to Living Off Campus" (being updated - will be published 12/1/14)
- "Responsible Off-Campus Living" (being updated - will be published 12/1/14)
- "Alcohol and the Local Community" (being updated - will be published 12/1/14)
Messages from the City of Boston
The Boston Police Department would like to remind and encourage Boston-based college students to celebrate Halloween responsibly. To ensure your safety and the safety of others this Halloween, we kindly ask you to familiarize yourself with the following safety tips:
• Please note that patrols in and around college campuses will be increased significantly on Halloween.
• If you are hosting a party, you are responsible for your guests so be certain to make sure your guests behave responsibly.
• Keep noise to a minimum, including music and large gatherings, both in your residences and out on the street. Be a respectful neighbor!
• Be respectful of not only your own property but your neighbor’s property as well.
• If you are under 21 years of age, please refrain from the consumption of alcohol. Alcohol consumption by anyone under the age of 21 is an arrestable offense.
• Providing alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 is an arrestable offense.
• Drinking in public, regardless of your age, is an arrestable offense.
• BPD maintains open lines of communication with all local colleges and Universities. Any student arrested will not only face criminal charges, but will also be subject to penalties imposed by their academic institution.
• If you see something, say something! Call for help if a situation seems questionable or if someone’s safety is at risk. By taking action you might prevent a crime from being committed. Call Boston Police at 911.
• To report a loud party, please call the BPD’s Party Line at 617-343-5500.
Again, extra patrols will be out in all Boston neighborhoods to ensure the safety of all. Please visit www.BPDNews.com for additional information and follow us on and Facebook and Twitter.
On behalf of the Boston Police Department, Happy Halloween!
Police Commissioner William B. Evans, Boston Police Department
Finding an Apartment Off-Campus
How to find an apartment off-campus Power Point presentation.
Wentworth is most easily accessed from the Fenway/Kenmore and MIssion Hill neighborhoods. However, many students choose other neighborhoods and commute by car, bus or subway to campus. Visit the City of Boston's neighborhoods page for more detailed information.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.