Summer 2014 Locker Assignments
Were you away on co-op or studying abroad in the Spring? Are you new to Wentworth or new to commuting? Need a locker for the summer semester?
Summer lockers will become available on Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 at 9am (first day of classes). Contact Mallory Pernaa in Commuter Student Programs located in 013 Flanagan Campus Center in the ground floor of Beatty Hall. You must live off-campus and have your WIT ID to obtain a locker.
Locker Overview and Lease Agreement
All commuter and off-campus students are eligible for a locker. Residential students may not sign up for a locker. You must have your WIT ID to obtain a locker and confirm your commuter status. Once registered, commuters will receive a combination to their locker and a contract with a list of the following policies:
- Lockers are the property of Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- You must use the lock issued to you by the Student Affairs Life Office at all times. Personal locks are not permitted.
- You must contact the Office of Student Affairs and vacate the locker prior to transferring, graduating, or when the locker is no longer of use to you. Occupying the locker during co-op, however, is permitted.
- Please reference the Student Code of Conduct for a list of items that not permitted on campus.
- You must be the sole occupant of the locker. Please do not share the locker or the combination with anyone else.
- Please pay attention to posted signage on or around the lockers for any updates or issues with locker assignments.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items from your locker. If something is taken from your locker, contact Public Safety. Please use at your own risk.
Failure to comply with the above mentioned policies may result in disciplinary action. Lockers are available in Wentworth Hall, Rubenstein, Annex, Flanagan Campus Center, and Watson. Gymnasium lockers are not available through the Office of Commuter Student Programs. Occasionally lockers are moved from one area or replaced with newer ones. The Office of Commuter Student Programs will notify you of any changes.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617.989.4487.
1. How long do I get to keep my locker? One academic year (Fall-Summer). Your locker lasts for the full academic year (September-August). The exact dates are on the Locker Lease you signed upon registering for the locker. For the current year, locker leases are valid through August 16th, 2014.
2. Do I need to renew my locker every semester? No. Once you register for a locker, you are able to keep that locker throughout the lease terms which always end in mid-August. For example, if you registered for a locker in September 2013, you are able to keep that locker (without sending a renewal statement) until August 2014.
3. I want to make sure I keep the same locker next year. How and when do I renew it? Locker renewal emails are sent out every July and August reminding you to do one of the following: 1) Respond to the email to renewal your locker, or 2) Respond to state that you no longer would like your locker for the upcoming year. A lack of response gives Commuter Student Programs permission to reclaim and re-distribute your locker to a new student. Your response must be received by email to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 15th. Your email response should include your name, your locker location (building/locker #) and the combination.
4. I forgot my locker combination. How may I obtain it? You can contact Mallory Pernaa at email@example.com to request your locker combination, locker number or location. You may also call 617-989-4487 or stop by her office in 013 Beatty.
5. My locker has been damaged or broken. Contact Public Safety at 617-989-4444 if any suspicious activity occurs including a broken lock, missing lock or damaged locker. To ensure your locker is secure, make sure to close the lock and turn the dial a few times and check it before leaving.