- Student Employment Home
- Alumni Relations (1)
- Alumni Library (2)
- Annual Fund Office (4)
- Applied Mathematics (2)
- Architecture (5)
- Athletics (9)
- Beatty Fitness Center (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Bookstore (1)
- Campus Life (2)
- Career Center (1)
- Civil Engineering and Technology (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (1)
- Commuter Student Programs (1)
- Computer Science (1)
- Construction Management (2)
- College of Professional and Continuing Education (2)
- Counseling and Disability Services (3)
- Dining Services (4)
- Division of Technology Services (2)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (4)
- Institutional Research (1)
- Institutional Advancement (1)
- Interior Design (1)
- Learning and Development (2)
- Marketing and Communications (1)
- Mechanical Engineering and Technology (3)
- Provost's Office (2)
- Public Safety (2)
- Residential Life (2)
- Sciences Department (4)
- Student Affairs (3)
- Student Service Center (1)
- Wellness Education (3)
Accelerate Student Team
This position is currently filled.
AddressFlanagan Campus Center
Beatty Hall - Ground Floor
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
As a cohesive team, the Accelerate Student Team provides support to the Accelerate Program, an Innovation and Entrepreneurial Program for Wentworth Students. Duties include connecting and providing support to Accelerate students and teams. This can include but is not limited to: using and building connections in the Boston Startup/Entrepreneurial community to facilitate workshops, mentors and advisors, Lead efforts for recruitment of students into Accelerate using many platforms (digital, vocal, in person, traditional and non-traditional), Advise and mentor teams entering the program to think outside the box, be creative, stay engaged, innovate, work together and succeed, Create documentation and project plans to ensure timely deliverables and milestone achievements for the program, and participates as member of the overall Accelerate team, attend meetings as needed, and generally contribute to the well-being and promotion of the program.
- Knowledge of Word press blogs, social media, website design, project management, Boston startup ecosystem, business plans, strategy, program development, program promotion, marketing, startups, venture capital, or private equity is a plus - but not required!
- Interest for entrepreneurship and innovation within the Wentworth and Boston community is essential.
- Qualified applicants must have excellent team skills; must be able to understand and synthesize the thoughts of others, must be able to work in a fast-paced, continually adapting work environment, must have good attention to detail; must be experienced with computer based work, work well independently, must be self-starters and very fast learners.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the capacity for developing and maintaining strong relationships across a university management structure and in the outside community.
As the Accelerate Program is cycles throughout the year, applicants are required to commit to a full academic year commitment. Other than meetings, workshops, and events; hours are project based as needs arise.
Pay for this job is $9.00/hr.
Supervisor and Contact Information
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both
Federal Work-Study Only