Jobs by Department
- Student Employment Home
- Admissions (3)
- Alumni Library (1)
- Annual Fund Office (1)
- Applied Mathematics (1)
- Athletics (8)
- Campus Life (2)
- Career Center (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (1)
- Construction Management (2)
- College of Professional and Continuing Education (1)
- Division of Technology Services (4)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (1)
- Industrial Design (2)
- Learning and Development (1)
- New Student Programs (1)
- Physical Plant (1)
- Provost's Office (14)
- Public Safety (2)
- Residential Life (5)
- Sciences Department (3)
- Student Service Center (1)
Math Summer Bridge Teaching Fellowship (MSBTF)
This position is currently filled.
EmployerMathematics and Sciences Department
AddressIra Allen 319
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
The MSBTF position is a great job for people who want to get involved in mentoring others, understanding mathematics better and in interacting with students to help them learn. It is also a real responsibility - this is a professional job, and we expect that MSBTFs will meet all of the requirements during the semester and not let down either their professors or the students. Students in our Summer Bridge Program really count on the MSBTFs to help them out.
1. MSBTFs attend each of their assigned professor's lectures in order to see what is being taught, and to note the topics which are difficult for students. MSBTFs may help students during class too.
2. MSBTFs also run a 60-minute problem session to go over homework problems and other topics which might have come up during the day.
3. MSBTFs will provide daily feedback to the assigned professor.
For a SBT position you will need to have received a B+ or better in Engineering Calculus I or in Calculus I, and you must be free on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 10AM-2PM from July 1st through August 12th.
12 hours per week for six weeks. The compensation starts at:
Supervisor and Contact Information
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both
Leopard Work Program