Jobs by Department
- Student Employment Home
- Accelerate (12)
- Admissions (2)
- Alumni Relations (1)
- Alumni Library (1)
- Architecture (6)
- Athletics (8)
- Campus Life (3)
- Civil Engineering and Technology (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (1)
- Construction Management (2)
- College of Professional and Continuing Education (1)
- Diversity Programs (1)
- Division of Technology Services (4)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (4)
- Industrial Design (2)
- Interdisciplinary Engineering (1)
- New Student Programs (1)
- Physical Plant (1)
- Residential Life (1)
Applied Math Undergraduate Research Position
This position is currently filled.
EmployerMathematics and Sciences Department
AddressIra Allen 219
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Applied Math Undergraduate Research Position is for work study students who have some mathematics background and interest. This is a semester long program in which college students work with an individual faculty member on active and current research projects in applied mathematics. Throughout the semester, students will be exposed to theoretical constructs, computational techniques, and real world applications, and they will develop the background and skills to prepare them for further study or employment in a mathematics-related career.
There are a limited number of positions. Efforts will be necessary to match student qualifications in terms of coursework and academic interests with the particular project of a faculty member.
- You will meet weekly with your assigned professor.
- You will work 8-10 hours/week on your project and fill out a timesheet for this detailing all your work.
- You will submit a final report or website describing your project and the results of your research.
Must have been awarded work study. Must have strong mathematics interests and ability.
- Fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/8q3t4wj
- Send your resume to Amanda Hattaway, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Resume for undergraduate research.”
Supervisor and Contact Information
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both
Federal Work-Study/WIT Work