Housing Accommodation Information
Who is eligible for Housing Accommodations?
Full-time students who wish to live in housing, are in good academic, judicial, and financial standing with the Institute, have paid the housing deposit, and have needs that may necessitate a housing accommodation. Students currently with a Housing Accommodation MUST reapply for each new semester.
Documentation should be submitted before the housing assignment process for your class year has ended. Please see below for specific upcoming deadlines.
If the need for Housing Accommodation arises during a semester or after the deadlines, please fill out the appropriate documentation and return it at the time of the need. Documentation will be evaluated on an ad-hoc basis.
How do I request Housing Accommodations?
- Complete the Housing Accommodations Student Form. For returning students, requests for the Summer 2014 or Fall 2014 semester, information must be received by Friday, February 28, 2014.
- Ask your doctor or medical care provider fill out the Housing Accommodations Doctor Form and return documentation to The Office of Wellness and Disability Services (Ground Floor of Watson Hall) by Friday, February 28, 2014.
For students starting at Wentworth in the Fall of 2014 the deadline is Friday, June 13, 2014. Please check back for updated information.
What happens next?
A committee of Residence Life Staff, Counselors, and Medical Professionals will review your request. Based on your documentation and our available housing, a decision will be made and you will be notified in writing. If you meet the criteria for Housing Accommodations, you will be assigned automatically and will have the opportunity to accept or decline your assignment.
- If it is determined by the committee that your needs do not warrant an accommodation, we will notify you so you may make arrangements to participate in the Housing Selection process.
- Students who accept his/her housing accommodation may not go through the Housing Selection process and cannot choose his/her own roommates
- Students who decline his/her housing assignment must participate in the Housing Selection Process to select a room.
Who do I contact with questions?
For clarification or questions about our process, please contact The Office of Housing and Residential Life at 617-989-4160 or via email at email@example.com.
Americans with Disabilities Information
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination, are guaranteed equal access to programs and may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. To establish that an individual is covered under the act, documentation must indicate that a specific disability exists and substantially limits one or more major life activities, as well as supports the request for accommodation.
A diagnosis of a disorder/condition/syndrome in and of itself does not automatically qualify an individual accommodation under the ADA.