Housing Accommodation Information
Who is eligible for Housing Accommodations?
Full-time students who wish to live in housing, are in good academic, judicial, and financial standing with the Institute, have paid the housing deposit, and have needs that may necessitate a housing accommodation. Students currently with a Housing Accommodation MUST reapply for each new semester.
Documentation should be submitted before the housing assignment process for your class year has ended. For upperclassmen this is generally housing selection in February and for incoming students it is necessary to have documentation submitted as soon as you have made a housing deposit. Please see below for specific upcoming deadlines.
If the need for Housing Accommodation arises during a semester or after the deadlines, please fill out the appropriate documentation and return it at the time of the need. Documentation will be evaluated on an ad-hoc basis.
How do I request Housing Accommodations?
- Complete the Housing Accommodations Student Form. For students beginning at Wentworth in the Fall of 2013, please complete the form by June 7, 2013.
- Ask your doctor or medical care provider fill out the Housing Accommodations Doctor Form and return documentation to The Office of Housing and Residential Life (Ground Floor, Evans Way) by June 7, 2013.
For all students entering Wentworth in the Fall of 2013, all documentation must be returned to the Office of Housing and Residential Life by June 7, 2013 to be considered for the 2013-2014 Academic Year Housing Accommodations process. Petitions received after this date may not be evaluated.
What happens next?
A committee of Residence Life Staff, Counselors, and Medical Professionals will review your request. Based on your documentation and our available housing, a decision will be made and you will be notified in writing. If you meet the criteria for Housing Accommodations, you will be assigned automatically and will have the opportunity to accept or decline your assignment.
- If it is determined by the committee that your needs do not warrant an accommodation, we will notify you so you may make arrangements to participate in the Housing Selection process.
- Students who accept his/her housing accommodation may not go through the Housing Selection process and cannot choose his/her own roommates
- Students who decline his/her housing assignment must participate in the Housing Selection Process to select a room.
Who do I contact with questions?
For clarification or questions about our process, please contact The Office of Housing and Residential Life at 617-989-4160 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Americans with Disabilities Information
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination, are guaranteed equal access to programs and may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. To establish that an individual is covered under the act, documentation must indicate that a specific disability exists and substantially limits one or more major life activities, as well as supports the request for accommodation.
A diagnosis of a disorder/condition/syndrome in and of itself does not automatically qualify an individual accommodation under the ADA.