Submitting a Photo for the Student Identification Card (The Fenway Card)
Students will save a world of waiting and frustration if their student identification cards are ready to go at check-in for Wentworth Opening Week. In order for your ID to be ready for check-in, you must submit a photograph prior to your arrival. Your check-in will be delayed if you have to stop to have your photo taken and ID printed.
The student ID card is used for purchasing books and meals, using vending machines, doing laundry, library use, and gaining access to residence halls and designated studio areas on campus. Submitting a photo for the ID card prior to moving on campus will save students from waiting in line to have their picture taken on move-in day.
There are three options for submitting a student photo:
Attach a digital photo to an e-mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail in a photograph to be digitized and used.
Drop by the Wentworth Copy Mail Center to have your photograph taken.
Requirements for the Photograph:
- Photos should be in color, and recent enough to be a good likeness of you (normally taken within the last six months).
- You must be the only person in the photograph.
- Photos must be headshots that measure at least one inch in length.
- Photos must be clear, front view, full face, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses or any other obstruction of the face, including head resting on hands.
- Photos should be taken against a plain light background (any light-colored wall will do).
- Digital photos must be in jpeg/jpg format.
Option 1: Attach a digital photo to an e-mail and send it to email@example.com. Make sure to include the words “Photo ID” in the subject title of the e-mail. In the text of the e-mail include the student’s name and nine-digit student identification (SID) number. (Preferred method) The SID number begins with a “W”.
Option 2: Mail in a photograph to be digitized and used. On the back of the photo, please print the student’s name and SID. Use pencil. The photographs will not be returned. Place the photo in an envelope and mail to:
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Option 3: Drop by the Wentworth Copy Mail Center before August 1. Hours are Monday through Friday, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
You must submit your photos or drop by the Copy Mail Center by August 1. If you have any questions concerning your Wentworth ID, please call Charlene Roy at 617-989-4253.