- Student Anthony Gioco, Civil Engineering Technology '16, produced "Iron Chef Wentworth." Watch video>>
Want to see your story here?
- Email your ideas to email@example.com.
Rolf Backmann talks about the tenth anniversary of Study Abroad Berlin and his lecture tomorrow (Dec. 4) about a village in the Swiss Alps. Read more>>
Financial aid advisor Rae Daniel has a recipe for fiscal planning and Cherry Cola Cupcakes. Read more>>
A Team Called Home
The men’s lacrosse team adopts a new player. Read more>>
Making Their Mark
Student entrepreneurship program Accelerate distributes $25,500. Read more>>
Facilities Management student Matthew Callahan (second from right) placed third in the USA Cycling Collegiate National Championships in Angel Fire, NM.
Construction Management student Michael D. Howe, a veteran of the United States Navy "Seabees," was the keynote speaker at Wentworth's annual Veteran's Day luncheon. See slideshow>>
By the People
Students in the Modern American History course showcased historical presidential election posters in Casella Gallery. See slideshow>>
President Pantić participated in a panel discussion and appeared in the book "Boston's Inspirational Women" with other female presidents in the Colleges of the Fenway. Read more>>
Students relax before final exams with visiting therapy dogs.
The quad was decorated with balloons in recognition of World AIDS Day on Dec. 1.
Faculty and Staff News
- Professor Ilyas Bhatti appeared as a guest on the radio program "Voice of America" discussing infrastructure and the outlook for developing countries.
- Professor Mansour Zenouzi presented on solar powered water purification systems and professor Mazoud Olia presented on adhesively bonded joints with non-flat interfaces at the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition.
- Associate professor Gloria Monaghan presented on male-on-male violence in permitted environments at the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Culture Association conference.
- Associate professor Durga Suresh presented on professional development at the International Semantic Web conference.
- Professor Marilyn Stern presented "Suzanne Collins' World Without Triumph: The Hunger Games Trilogy and the Metaphors of War" at the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Culture Association conference.
- Assistant professor Mira Yun presented on wireless hospital networks at the American Medical Informatics Association 2012 Annual Symposium.
- Associate professor Beth Anne Cooke-Cornell presented "Salem Massachusetts Sewing Circles: Exclusivity, Philanthropy and Secrecy from 1850-2012" at the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Culture Association conference.
- Architecture associate professor Mark Klopfer's project "The Steel Yard" has been published in architecture magazine a+t in the “Reclaim - Remediate Reuse Recycle” issue.
- The Quarter Century Club welcomes five new members. See slideshow>>
- The admissions materials win a national design award. Read more>>
- Campus Life program advisor Eric Crumrine wins two region and state Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA) awards for outstanding new professional.
- Campus Life assistant director Steven Rossi, Housing and Residential Life assistant director Liz Green, and associate professor Joe Santacroce presented their work on a divisional leadership development model and their work on the Wentworth Leadership Institute at NASPA Region 1 conference.
- Baker Hall residence director Greg Mantolesky presented on making your first year as a resident director a success at Boston Area College Housing Association's (BACHA) New Professionals Workshop.
- Co-op advisor Bridget Aureli, technology and events specialist Peter Cochrane, and assistant director of Disability Services Bridget McNamee presented on a practice interviewing program for students in partnership with Osram Sylvania at the Colleges of Worcester Consortium Professional Development Day.
- Director of diversity programs Chris Haigh will serve as a presenter and dialogue facilitator at the American College Personnel Association's Institute on Social Justice in Berkeley, CA.
- Resident assistant staff won Best Program at the BACHA Drive-In Conference.
- New student programs director Heather Miller presented four Educational Sessions at the Northeast Region National Association of Campus Activities conference in Hartford, CT. Student Affairs associate dean Peter Fowler also presented.
Welcome new employee!
- Gian Paolo Hetio has joined Wentworth as a student financial services counselor.