April 18, 2013
Remembering the Boston Marathon victims
Supporting one another after tragedy
The entire Wentworth community has been deeply affected by the recent tragedy at the Boston Marathon. Below is a list of some of the upcoming events and ways our community is supporting one another through this unthinkable tragedy.
- The Wentworth community is invited to gather in the Flanagan Campus Center at 11:00 a.m. to watch the Healing Our City Interfaith Service being televised from the Cathedral of the Holy Cross. (April 18, Flanagan Campus Center, 11:00 a.m.)
- Please join the Wentworth community for a candlelight vigil to honor and remember those who have been affected by the tragic events at the Marathon. Please feel free to wear your Boston gear or blue/yellow to show your support for Boston. (April 18, Wentworth Front Lawn, 8:00 p.m.)
- Wentworth’s participation in the annual concrete canoe competition will be in honor of the victims. The canoe will return to campus following the competition and remain on display in Annex Central. The competition will be held at Apponagansett Point Recreation Area. (April 27, ASCE Regional Concrete Canoe Competition, U MASS Dartmouth, 11:00 a.m.)
- Students have designed and are selling a “Boston Strong” t-shirt. All proceeds are going to One Fund Boston on behalf of the victims. So far, the students have sold 1,164 shirts.
- Wentworth students are organizing a fundraising drive to support victims. Drop your change into the donation boxes around campus at the Info Hub, Student Service Center, Library, and Office of Student Affairs.
- Dennis Nealon