EMPOWER - Choosing Your Topic: Page 2 of 12
Know your Assignment
Make sure you understand your assignment before you begin your research project.
- Are you limited to certain types of resources? How many sources?
- How long should your paper be? Does this include a separate title page or the bibliography page?
- What topics can be chosen?
- Is this an informative or a persuasive paper?
- Which style or format should be used for the bibliography?
- When is the assignment due? Is anything besides the final paper required? (This may include an outline, note cards, rough drafts, or photocopies of sources.)