The Wentworth Institute of Technology Curriculum Committee's mission is to provide guidance and counsel and to make recommendations to the Provost's office on all proposals of programs, curricula, and individual courses. All Colleges/Departments follow Institute guidelines for the approval of curriculum with review by the Institute Curriculum Committee. The College of Professional and Continuing Education follows Institute guidelines for the approval of all curriculum with review by CPCE Curriculum Committee.
In order to achieve its mission, the Institute Curriculum committee is charged to:
- Insures adherence to Institute and Provost’s Office policies on courses and curricula but does not set policy
- Review all requests for new programs and forward its recommendations to the Provost for final approval. This may include concentrations, minors, and/or general education components as well as the general coordination of offerings across Colleges and academic programs
- Review all requests for new courses and forward its recommendations to the Provost for final approval
- Review all requests for substantial modifications to existing courses, such as changes to credits, description, prerequisites, level or number and forward its recommendations to the Provost for final approval
- Review all requests for deletion of obsolete course offerings and forward its recommendations to the Provost for final approval
- Ensure all new and revised curricula changes comply with Institute standards, and contain measurable learning outcomes
- Provide faculty with clear instructions for the submission of proposals: new course(s), revised course(s), new curriculum, revised curriculum, and catalog changes
- Provide all necessary guidelines, forms and due dates on the Institute Curriculum Committee Web Page
- Periodically address other curricular-related issues sent to the Committee by the Provost or the Faculty Senate.
Visitors are welcome to attend committee meetings. Persons wishing to bring business before the committee should contact the co-chair(s).
Composition of the Institute Curriculum Committee:
Total of 8 members -
- One faculty representative, elected from each of the three colleges (the method of selection to be determined by each individual college) for a total of 3 faculty
- One faculty representative, appointed by the Provost from each of the three colleges for a total of 3 faculty
- One faculty representative appointed by the Faculty Senate
These seven faculty representatives will elect one faculty member among them to serve as co-chair. Additionally, one administrative representative from the Provost’s Office, appointed by the Provost will co-chair.
- All faculty representatives serve two-year staggered terms.
- Faculty appointments will be made based on recommendations from Deans/Department Chairs