Minor in Digital Humanities
This minor is aimed at providing a focus for students who, while completing their Humanities and Social Sciences electives, are interested in exploring the role of the digital technologies in the study of contemporary culture. To earn the Minor in Applied Mathematics, students must select from the following courses, as listed below, earning a final grade of "C" or better. Unless noted otherwise, all courses bear 4 credits.
2 Core Digital Humanities Courses - 8 total credits
- HUMN407 Introduction to Digital Humanities
- HUMNxxx Digital Humanities : Studio-Lab
Choose 3 Humanities/Social Science Elective courses from the following (in consultation with instructor) - 12 total credits
- COMM580: Society and Visual Media
- HUMN460: Contemporary Art & Theory
- HUMN403: History of American Folk Music
- HUMN402: Shakespeare on Film
- HUMN425: Introduction to Theatre & Scenic Design
- HUMN430: History of Motion Pictures
- HUMN437: American Cinema & Culture
- HUMN496: Film and Literature: Art of Adaptation
- LITR460: Science Fiction & Fantasy
- HUMN436: Graphic Novel to Film
- HUMN407: Toys Are U.S.: America at Play
- HUMN475: Myth America: From Colonies to Culture Wars
- HUMN407: Religion, Media & Culture
- HUMNxxx: Art & Technology
- SOCL406: Special Topics in Sociology
- HUMN407: Special Topics in Humanities
Additional selections will be added as new courses are developed in the DH program.
Depending upon courses selected for the minor, student may still be required to complete the Social Science requirement.