Train the Trainer
The training will be provided by full time and part time Wentworth faculty, Wentworth alumni/ae and industry professionals, all of whom have volunteered their time for this program. Building upon Wentworth’s experiential learning mission, faculty and staff at Wentworth have developed this program to train Haitians to help themselves. All other expenses - airfares, tuition, room and board will be covered by Wentworth community.
- The Haiti Train the Trainer Program has been conceived as a way for the Haitian people to play a major role in the reconstruction of their country.
- Professionals from Haiti would come to Wentworth for an intensive training on Project Management or Construction Management.
- Upon completion, all trainees will return to Haiti to disseminate the knowledge gained from the training.
- Establish an ongoing relationship between Haitians and the Wentworth community.
Criteria for Selecting Prospective Participants:
- Must complete an application form to be considered
- Should have a Bachelor of Science degree in the subject matter or 3 – 5 years of related experience
- Be proficient in writing, reading, and speaking the English language
- Working professionals in their respective fields
- Meet any additional requirements set by the Haitian selection committee
- Participants are responsible for obtaining their own visa
- Must sign a contract stating their commitment to train other Haitians upon returning
This program will entail a two-week training offered through Wentworth Institute of Technology. It will consist of a total of 80 hours of instruction on project management or construction management. Most expenses for the program will be covered. There is no fees for the training – training will be provided by faculty of Wentworth Institute of Technology, alums, and corporate sponsors. In addition, room and board will be provided by Wentworth Institute of Technology. All trainees will receive a certificate upon completion of the program. Finally, continued online training/support will be available to all trainees.
Both programs will be offered the first week of June, 2010. The programs are a contribution of the Wentworth Community to the people of Haiti. Your role in this process is a very important one; and I am confident that you will serve this committee well.