Fri: 6 AM - 9 PM
Sat: 9 AM - 6 PM
Sun: 11 AM - 9 PM
550 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Events @ the Fitness Center
Located in the Flanagan Campus Center at Beatty Hall on the Wentworth Institute of Technology campus, the Douglas D. Schumann Fitness Center opened in March of 2012.
With amenities that one comes to expect from a first-class facility, including locker rooms and showers, the Schumann Fitness Center also offers over 50 pieces of the latest technology in cardiovascular and strength equipment from top of the line manufacturers like Cybex, Matrix, and Stairmaster.
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST HAVE your current student/employee ID in order to gain admittance to the Schumann Fitness Center.
Schumann Fitness Center Etiquette
How to get from MCPHS to the Schumann Fitness Center
How to get from MassArt to the Schumann Fitness Center
Fall & Spring Hours
Monday-Thr: 6am - 11pm
Friday: 6am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 9pm
Monday-Friday: 6am - 8pm
Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Sunday: 11am - 7pm
Fitness Center Policies
- Only members of the Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and Wentworth Institute of Technology are allowed to use the Fitness Center.
- All visitors MUST possess and show a current college-issued ID to gain admittance to the Fitness Center.
- All visitors must check-in at the desk upon arrival at the Fitness Center.
- Closed-toe athletic footwear must be worn at all times. Bare feet, boots or dress shoes may not be worn at any time while using the equipment.
- Between the months of November and April, all visitors MUST change into a clean pair of shoes before using the Fitness Center.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing at all times. Shirts are required.
- As a courtesy to others, please wipe down the equipment after each use.
- Out of safety concerns, and general courtesy, please re-rack your weights when you have completed your exercise and return equipment to its’ proper location.
- Barbells, when in use, MUST have collars.
- No food (including gum) or drink (except water) is allowed at any time in the Fitness Center.
- Loose chalk is never permitted.
- Personal sound devices are not permitted in the fitness center without the use of headphones.
- No abusive language permitted. Violators will be asked to leave.
- Visitors are asked to NOT adjust the TV channel. If you would like to view another program, please ask the Fitness Center staff to change the channel for you.
- Failure to follow the above policies and/or ignoring the direction of Fitness Center staff will result in a suspension of privileges at the discretion of the Schumann Fitness Center Director.