August 15, 2013

Graduate Feature: Tyler Lombardi

Tyler Lombardi

Architecture

What did you enjoy most about your program?

What I enjoyed most about being in architecture was being part of such an interactive and creative environment. The work we do, although stressful at times, is exciting and in the end, incredibly rewarding.

What was your most memorable college experience?

My most memorable college experience would have to be spending a semester abroad in France. Traveling to six different countries, learning and experiencing new cultures, meeting world-renowned architect Mario Botta, and seeing some of the best architecture in the world has been the most rewarding three months of my four years at Wentworth. 

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?

The most important thing I learned at Wentworth is to take advantage of the resources and opportunities that present themselves while you are a still a student. Your four years pass quickly, so absorb as much information and experience as you can to further your opportunities in the professional world. 

What did you like best about co-op, where did you do it, what was your position?

I completed my co-op at CBT Architects in Boston, Mass. My position at CBT was "intern architect," which included working on a wide variety of projects in different design and construction phases. The experience gained from my co-op is what I liked best about my time at CBT Architects. Gaining real work experience while still in school is a huge advantage, and allows for a recent graduate to feel more confident when entering the professional world. 

What are your future plans?

My future plans include completing my Masters of Architecture at Wentworth, and then look for a full-time position at a firm in the Boston area. 

What’s your favorite part of going to school in Boston?

My favorite part about going to school in Boston is the culture of the city. 

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?

It seems a bit surreal to be graduating already, but it is exciting to continue on to graduate school and work toward a professional career.

Click here to read more graduate profiles.