May 02, 2013

Graduate Feature: Aung Soe

Aung Soe

Electromechanical Engineering

What did you enjoy most about your program?

The program is unique in that it has a combination of both electrical and mechanical courses. At the end, we learned about electromechanical systems, which sums up why both electrical and mechanical can be studied together at the undergraduate level. This way, you can go to graduate school and concentrate on something that interests you.

What was your most memorable college experience?

Since I am a tutor, I really liked it when people would come up to me or my boss and tell us how well they were doing thanks to the people at the Learning Center.

What's the most important thing you learned at Wentworth? What's your biggest take-away?

I learned that doing practical work in the labs together with lectures really prepares you for real life, and I gained more interest in studying as well.

What did you like best about co-op, where did you do it, and what was your position?

Co-op taught me what I should expect when I graduate and it helped me prepare. I also gained more engineering experience outside of school to put on my resume. I worked at Radiation Monitoring Devices in Watertown, and I was an engineering intern at their instrumentation laboratory.

What are your plans after graduation?

After graduation, I would like to work for a year or so to get experience and then apply to a graduate school for biomedical or electrical engineering.

Click here to read more graduate profiles.