May 07, 2012

Graduate Feature: Duy Dao

Electromechanical Engineering

What did you enjoy most about your program?
The electromechanical program offers an exceptional curriculum that educates students in multidisciplinary fields. A lot of devices and instrumentations nowadays are often designed with both electronic parts (control) and mechanical parts (actuation). Getting to learn engineering principles in both of the major fields, helped me in my years at Wentworth.

What was your most memorable college experience?
Electromechanical is such a small but connected class. We usually did homework, studied for exams, and worked on our projects and presentations together.

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
I have learned and accomplished a lot at Wentworth. My biggest takeaway is the ability to apply my learning in design/research projects. Throughout the electromechanical program, I have participated in many projects, two of which were published in ASME and IEEE conferences. My current senior design project has been accepted to the PolySummit 2012 conference.

What are your future plans?
I will only have a short summer break before I enroll at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) for doctoral study. I have been accepted to WPI’s Ph.D. program in biomedical engineering.