August 18, 2011

Graduate Profile Bridget Souza

Headshot of BridgetCivil Engineering Technology 

What did you enjoy most about your program?
As hectic as it was, this past semester doing the CAPSTONE Senior Design Project was the most enjoyable thing I did. Bringing together everything we learned over the past four years into one project was a great reminder of how much we have accomplished.

What was your most memorable college experience?
Inside the classroom, my most memorable college experience would have to be the multiple classes I have taken with Professor Lambrechts. Outside of the classroom, my most memorable experience was this past semester when the senior civil students got together to play a softball game. Almost everyone made it to the game, and we all had a great time.

What’s the most important thing you learned at Wentworth – what’s your biggest takeaway?
Networking with people in your field is a huge advantage when entering the job market. The students who are getting jobs first have mostly received them due to previous co-op employment, or because they knew somebody.

What did you like best about co-op, where did you do it, what was your position?
I worked for the City of Melrose in the Engineering Division, as well as for Allen & Major Associates, Inc. as an engineering intern. I enjoyed working for both the public and private sectors because it gave me an inside look into how each sector operates compared to the other.

What’s your reaction to graduating from college?
It still hasn't really hit me. Picking up my cap and gown felt so surreal. At this moment, I just feel like I'm on summer break and that I'll be going back to school in a week. I'm just starting to feel that excitement/anxiousness to continue on with my life and endure new adventures.