- NTP Amplification Attacks Using CVE-2013-5211
- Malware Targeting Point of Sale Systems
- Microsoft Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CryptoLocker Ransomware Infections
Tools & Resources
Free Tools Available for Download
Each Wentworth supported computer system, desktop and laptop, have essential security tools pre-installed. For those devices that are not centrally managed by Wentworth DTS, such as tablets and smart phones, we encourage you to check out the free tools available from the following resources below.
- Free antivirus for personal non-commercial use
- Mobile device security tools
- Virus removal tools
- Firewalls, network security scanner, etc.
Sensitive Data Detection/Protection
- Identity Finder
- Identity Sweeper – free tool to search your computer for sensitive information.
- Password Sweeper – free tool to search your computer for passwords.
- TrueCrypt: A versatile open-source encryption tool!
- BoxCryptor: A tool to encrypt your data in the cloud!
Please review the license agreement as most of the free tools are offered for personal, non-commercial use only!
The threat landscape is constantly evolving and new vulnerabilities and attack types seem to surface without any warning. The best way to ensure you are doing all you can to safeguard your data, whether at work or at home, is to keep up to date on what is out there, both from an offensive and defensive perspective.
Below are a few resources that are reviewed each day by the ISO. Make sure to stay connected with us on Twitter, as we will be sharing additional resources and interesting news in the information security sector.