Laptop Battery and AC Adapter Replacement Policy
Effective date: July 1, 2009; Updated August 6, 2014.
Best practices for maintaining battery life:
- Wentworth issued laptop computers and A/C adapters have a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty. This covers defects only, not physical damage.
- Batteries for these laptops have a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Wentworth provides replacement batteries and AC adapters when they are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. (Note that Apple chargers must be replaced by visiting the Apple Store).
- Wentworth may, subject to available funds, on a one time basis replace a battery that is out of warranty after Help Desk staff complete diagnostic tests to confirm that the battery will not hold a charge (displays "red zone" status on Technology Services test components).
- Students are responsible for replacing lost, stolen, or damaged batteries, and AC adapters.
- Third party (non branded) batteries and power cords are acceptable replacements; students can purchase either branded replacements or third party replacements, either through the Laptop program web site or from other sources.