Help Desk Specialist Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Help Desk Specialist will work independently of the DTS office inside of the library and will perform Tier 1 help desk responsibilities. This will be an after hours and weekend Help Desk run independently utilizing student support. The Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as the only outside hours contact.
- Assist Help Desk customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs/media classroom assistance.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending jobs using the DTS ticketing system.
- Follow DTS policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation.
- Provide superior customer service to all Help Desk patrons, support personnel, and fellow employees.
- Be able to work independently and troubleshoot problems without supervision or assistance.
- Troubleshoot issues in classrooms to ensure they are functional unless a major problem occurs.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment
- Must be able to work alone and independently without supervision
- Must be familiar with Windows, OSX, and media technologies
The Help Desk Specialist candidate must be a skilled communicator with excellent customer service skills. Exceptional writing and reading skills are required to provide appropriate customer support. The candidate will be required to follow department policies and procedures in supporting the Help desk walk-in and call-in traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must regularly lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds.
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds and carry to other locations around the campus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.