Usernames and Passwords
If you have forgotten your password, you will need to call or visit the DTS Help Desk. For security reasons, please have your Wentworth ID available. If you do not have your WIT ID you will need to first retrieve this before we will be able to assist you.
If you know your password and would like to change it, please visit Network Account Password Reset System. For additional information see the links below:
Banner INB Users (Faculty & Staff)
Note: if you are using an Apple computer, you will need to update your system preferences with your newest password. Documentation on how to do this can be found here.
WIT Network/LConnect Account: Your Username
This is your primary username for all network and web systems at Wentworth. The LConnect username is made up of your last name, your first initial, and sometimes numerals: smithb or possibly smithb2. When you sign onto your laptop or any network computer, you use your LConnect/Network username. Your WIT Network Account is required to access the following resources:
- WIT-SECURE Wireless Network
- MyWeb Student Web Server
- LConnect & LeopardWeb
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD SECURE:
- Never tell anyone else your password. Otherwise, why would we call it yours?
- Choose a password that's easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to guess. Pets names, birth dates, and the street you grew up on are easy to find on social networking sites so they should be avoided.
- Never write down your password. You wouldn't write your PIN on your ATM card would you?
- If you are concerned that someone knows your password or has accessed your account, change your password immediately, then contact the DTS Help Desk.
For security reasons, Wentworth users are prompted to change their Active Directory username and password every 180 days. You may change it more often if you like.
- At least 8 characters long
- Does not match any of your previous 6 passwords
- Does not contain your username, first, or last name
- Contain a character from 3 of the following 4 groups:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters ($ % ^ &)