Setting up Apple Mail with Wentworth Email
Apple Mail is not officially supported by Wentworth as a desktop email client for Mac. DTS suggests you use Outlook 2011 for Mac instead.
How to setup apple mail for snow leopard:
- Open Apple Mail. It may be in your dock, but if not it is located “Macintosh HD” --> “Applications” --> “Mail.app”
- Open Mail’s preferences by going to “Mail” in the menu bar and choose “Preferences…”
- After opening the preferences, click the “+” symbol in the bottom left hand corner to add an account.
- When prompted, fill in your name, email address and password. Change the end of your email address from "@wit.edu" to "@studentmail.wit.edu". Click "Next".
- You will be prompted to change your username and password. Please change your username to your full email address (ie firstname.lastname@example.org).
- After successful completion, make sure you check off "iCal" and "Contacts" if you desire (this is recommended).