Setting up a Blackberry Device with Wentworth Email
Wentworth does not officially support personal BlackBerrys as a mobile email client. You may request a Institute Smartphone by filling the appropriate from from the purchasing website.
Wentworth owned BlackBerry Devices
If you have an Institute owned BlackBerry you will automatically be reconfigured to use the new server. During the migration you may get duplicate contacts in your address book. To resync your BlackBerry address book with your Exchange account follow these instructions.
- Open Address Book
- Hit the BlackBerry button and go to Options.
- On the BlackBerry keypad type "rset" no quotes. NOTE: you will not see anything as you type.
- Your BlackBerry will ask you if you want it to reload the device from the server. Select "YES".
How to setup your personal BlackBerry device with Wentworth email:Note: Instructions may vary depending on BlackBerry model, OS version and carrier. As a security measure we highly recommend you enable a password on your device, this is the policy set forth in the Wentworth Information security Plan (WiSP).
- Click the Email Settings icon on your Blackberry menu
- Click on the Add button
- Click on the Other link. Then click Next >
- Make sure the I will provide the settings to add this email account radio button is marked, then click Next >
- Type in your full email address and password. Then click Next >
- Fill in your full Email address for both Email address and User name. Then, fill in your password. The Email server is outlook.wit.edu. Click Next >
- Enter your information
- Email: your email address
- Username: your email address without "@wit.edu" (ie smithj)
- Password: your password
- Email Server: outlook.wit.edu
- Click "Next"
- If configured correctly, you will get an Account Setup Confirmation