Printing and Plotting
You must use a wired connection or the LeopardSecure wireless network to print. Printing from LeopardGuest is not supported. Wentworth printers are named according to the building and room number they are located in, followed by the make and model of the specific printers. In certain cases where several identical printers are in one room, they are designated with an additional letter at the end of the name.
For specific instructions on how to add printers please see the section of this guide that matches your computer type. Be sure to have the correct printer selected before printing.
Connecting to Campus Printers
Color Tabloid Printers
Two color tabloid printers are available in the Beatty Print Center, next to the DTS Help Desk on the third floor of Beatty Hall, Room 318.
Black and White Plotting
Two high-speed, black and white plotters are in the Beatty Print Center, next to the DTS Help Desk on the third floor of Beatty Hall, Room 318.
On campus printing services are managed by a print quota system.
- After the add/drop period at the start of each semester, every student will be given a semester quota to be used for printing.
- The amount of the semester quota is determined by the program in which the student is enrolled and is based on the unique curricular demands of that program.
- As students use printing services, their quota will be depleted according to the printing rate sheet below.
- Students do not need to do anything to use the system. Software on the print server that tracks pages printed from each students account and charges their accounts appropriately.
- If a student exhausts their quota before the end of the semester, they can refill their quota from their Fenway Cash account.
- At the end of the semester any unused portion of the print quota automatically rolls over into the next semester.
- Students can view their print quota, recent print jobs, and refill their quota all online using the Wentworth Print Accounting Webster at http://print.wit.edu. Students can also download a Widget onto their computer that displays their current quota from the Software Distribution Server throughLConnect.
For additional information please click here.
NOTE: Please do not leave a lab computer or your laptop computer logged in when you step away from it. Not only is it a general security risk, but it allows anyone who walks up to that computer to print using your print quota.
B. L. Makepeace - Color Plotter services
An agreement has been negotiated with B. L. Makepeace to provide for students color plotting needs. The pricing will be at a significant discount over the the 'walk-in' rate. Your work can be sent to B. L. Makepeace electronically at any time using their Electronic Work Order ("EWO") system. Your 'printed' work will be delivered back to Wentworth.
In order to use this service, B. L. Makepeace requires that you set up a pre-paid account with them. This is simple to do; 'how to' instructions will be provided. Go to the Makepeace-Wentworth web portal for specific information regarding this process.