How to Change Your Password on a PC
Changing Your Laptop Password Using a Wentworth provided Lenovo Laptop with Windows 7 - On Campus
When On Campus
- When logged into your computer, press Control, Alt and Delete keys at the same time.
- On the Windows Security window, click Change a password…
- Enter your Old (current) password
- Choose and enter your New password
- Re-enter your new password to Confirm
- Click on the right arrow icon to change your password
Changing Your Laptop Password Using a Wentworth provided Lenovo Laptop - Off Campus
When Off Campus
- Go to http://password.wit.edu
- Complete the form to change password
- Leave Domain as WIT
- Your LConnect Username (not including @wit.edu)
- Old Password is your current password
- Choose a New Password
- Re-enter New Password to confirm
- At least 8 characters long
- Does not match any of your previous 6 passwords
- Does not contain your username, first, or last name
- Contain a character from 3 of the following 4 groups
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters ($ % ^ &)
- If your password meets the requirements you will see “Password Successfully Changed.”
- The next time you’re on campus, plug into the network with a network cable and restart your computer. Login using your new password to sync it with your laptop.
You may need to wait approximately 15 minutes before you can log into your email once the password has been reset. If you are using Outlook, it will prompt you for a password. Make sure the username is @wit.edu, enter your new password and check remember password.
In order to connect to LeopardSecure or WIT-SECURE after you change your password, the next time you’re on campus, plug into the network with a network cable and restart your computer. Login using your new password to sync it with your laptop and wireless profile.
PDF Version of this How to Guide
General Account Username/Password Information
Click here for additional information