How to Change Your Password on a Mac
Changing Your Laptop Password on a Wentworth provided Apple Laptop
- Go to http://password.wit.edu
- Complete the form to change password
- Leave Domain as WIT
- Your LConnect Username (not including @wit.edu)
- Old Password is your current password
- Choose a New Password
- Re-enter New Password to confirm
- At least 8 characters long
- Does not match any of your previous 6 passwords
- Does not contain your username, first, or last name
- Contain a character from 3 of the following 4 groups
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters ($ % ^ &)
- If your password meets the requirements you will see “Password Successfully Changed.”
- The next time you’re on campus, plug into the network with a network cable and restart your computer. Login using your new password to sync it with your laptop.
Windows Side Computer Password
The next time you’re on campus, plug into the network with a network cable and restart your computer to the Windows side. Login using your new password to sync it with your laptop.
Mac Side Computer Password
Your local Mac side computer password (for software update, installing applications, etc.) will not automatically be changed by this process. It is highly recommended that you also change this password to avoid confusion and maintain system security.
Password Change on Local Mac Accounts
- Open System Preferences and click “accounts”
- Select your account and click “Change Password”
- Type in your in your old password and your new password twice.
- Click “Change Password”
After you change your password and connect to WIT-SECURE or LeopardSecure, you will be prompted to enter your new password.
If you are still unable to connect to WIT-SECURE or LeopardSecure, you will need to edit the wireless profile manually.
- To do this click on the wireless icon in the top right corner and click on “Open Network Preferences…”
- Ensure the AirPort tab is selected and click on Advanced.
- Highlight the WIT-SECURE or LeopardSecure icon and click on the pencil (edit) icon
- Enter your new password into the following form. Everything should appear as your see here click add.
Click OK until you are out of wireless preferences. If you are still not connected to WIT-SECURE or LeopardSecure, try turning the AirPort off and then back on. This should resolve your wireless issues.
You may need to wait approximately 30 minutes before you can log into your email once the password has been reset. If you are using Outlook, it will prompt you for a password. Make sure the username is @wit.edu, enter your new password and check remember password.
Outlook Email for Mac
- Open Outlook and go to Preferences under the Outlook menu.
- Click on Accounts
- You can save this address, by click the plus (+) symbol to the right.
- Click on your Wentworth Email Account and type in your new password in the Password field
- Close the Accounts window to save the password
- With the Finder selected, select Go and choose Connect to Server
- The Server Address is: smb://print.wit.edu/Mac_Printers
- Enter your Wentworth email username and password and check the box to Remember this password in my keychain
- Double click the printer you wish to add to your computer to print to.
PDF Version of this How to Guide
General Account Username/Password Information
Click here for additional information