About Diversity at Wentworth
At Wentworth, when we talk about diversity, we mean to include a wide definition of this word. Diversity is found within our many identities and experiences. Each member of the Wentworth community – faculty, staff, and students – contributes to our diverse campus.
The Diversity wordcloud above was created with the help of many faculty, staff, and students.
A Vision for Diversity
Realizing the Vision
- We celebrate individual difference and explore identity without the fear of bias.
- We apply a diversity of thought to solve problems and achieve the best possible outcome.
- We demonstrate collective responsibility through participatory action on campus and in our community.
Diversity Programs at Wentworth should...
- Provide opportunity for self-reflection
- Raise awareness of new perspectives
- Support students from under-represented groups
- Expand one’s worldview
- Promote difference as a positive experience and opportunity for learning
- Promote diversity as encompassing ideas and experiences
- Examine power and privilege
- Seek to increase recruitment and retention of a diverse student population
- Raise awareness of diversity to include hidden identities such as disabilities, sexual orientation, etc…
- Increase understanding of Institute policies and/or responses to bias related instances