"Students who complete a degree or certificate program from Wentworth are putting themselves in a great position to competitively enter the job market and enhance their career."
Ilyas Bhatti, CPCE faculty member
Bachelor of Science in
Wentworth Institute of Technology’s Bachelor of Science in project management provides working professionals with the opportunity to advance their careers in a fast-growing and highly rewarding occupation that cuts across the private, non-profit, and government sectors. One of the few bachelor’s degrees in project management in the U.S., Wentworth’s program was developed in collaboration with industry experts to give students the desired skills they need to be leaders in an increasingly complex workforce.
Never has there been a better time to become a project manager. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), the 2011 median annual salary for a project manager in the U.S. was $105,000, with 71% reporting a pay increase from the previous year. PMI has also tripled their membership during the past seven years, pointing to strong occupational growth.
Wentworth’s program provides students with a curriculum that focuses on the skills most pertinent to project managers, including planning, risk management, project evaluation, and cost/schedule control. Students also build a well-rounded knowledge of the core principles of business through coursework in: management, leadership, marketing, finance, professional communications, and accounting.
The project management program format is designed for adult learners, with both online and on-campus delivery options. Core courses are offered in a condensed seven week format. The design of the program allows adult learners to pursue their education while still being able to work full-time and meet their personal obligations.
Wentworth allows students to transfer up to 80 credits into this program from prior educational and professional experiences.
The Bachelor of Science in Project Management degree is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- Complete the Application online
- Official high school or GED transcript
- Official transcript(s) from any college(s) you have attended
- Current resume
- Online math placement exam
- $50 application fee
Successful applicants for admission should
- Be 22 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of 3 years work experience
- COMM310: Professional Communications (3)
- MGMT415: Leadership & Management (4)
- MGMT305: Organizational Behavior (3)
- MGMT115: Intro to Project Management (4)
- MGMT307: Business Research Methods (3)
- MGMT560: Marketing Management (4)
- MGMT445: Project Planning, Scheduling & Control (4)
- MGMT390: Financial Accounting (3)
- MGMT450: Financial Management (4)
- MGMT330: Project Risk Management (3)
- MGMT435: Managerial Accounting (4)
- MGMT655: Project Evaluation & Performance (3)
- Capstone (6)
General Education Requirements
- ENGL105: English Composition (3)
- ENGL116: Literature & Composition (3)
- MATH/SCIENCE (to include Statistics) (12)
- ELECTIVE: Lower Level Humanities (3)
- ELECTIVE: Upper Level Humanities (3)
- ELECTIVE: Lower Level Social Science (3)
- ELECTIVE: Upper Level Social Science (6)
- ELECTIVE: General Education Elective (8)
- General Electives (39)