License Preparation Courses
Wentworth Institute of Technology offers a course that prepares individuals to sit for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' state construction supervisor license for commercial and residential buildings. This license allows an individual to supervise construction for any single or two family dwelling or appurtenant structure, regardless of size, as well as any other building type up to 35,000 cubic feet of enclosed space.
This course is conveniently designed for busy adults, with course meetings in the evening over a period of seven weeks.
Students who provide a certified copy of the Massachusetts State Construction Supervisor License are eligible to receive four (4) credits of advanced standing towards the associate degree in Building Construction Management for BLDG150 Contracts and Codes.
To be eligible to take a CSL exam, you must:
1. Be 18 years old at the time of the exam.
2. Have at least three years of experience in building construction or design in the field in which you wish to be licensed.
3. Provide documentation of your experience.
4. List your duties as they directly relate to the field of building construction or design.
4. Provide a notarized signature indicating: 1) you have read and understand this bulletin; 2) the truthfulness of the information provided on the registration form; and 3) that you have filed all state tax returns and paid state taxes. Information provided will be used by the state to determine eligibility for licensure.
6. Not have previously passed an examination in the same license class and/or received a license in the same class.
- Length: 7 weeks
One class meeting per week
- CEUs: 2.1
TCLI215 STATE CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR LICENSE COMMERCIAL/RESIDENTIAL
Unrestricted Exam: This license allows an individual to supervise construction for any single or two family dwelling or appurtenant structure, regardless of size, as well as any other building type up to 35,000 cubic feet of enclosed space. Therefore, exam questions relating to single and two family homes shall be referenced to the Seventh Edition of the Code for single and two-family dwellings and questions relating to other building types shall be referenced to the Sixth Edition of the Code.