Student Awards and Recognition
First-Place Finish for Construction Management Team
Six students from Wentworth’s Construction Management (BSCM) program recently finished in first place at the 25 Annual Associated Schools of Construction Region I 2014 Student Competition in the Commercial Building Division.
The competition, held in Morristown, New Jersey, pitted 15 regional teams against each other. Teams were charged with preparing a construction erection plan with more than 400 activities. Activities included a construction estimate and a constructability review of the project, as well as respective safety, staffing, and risk management plans.
A formal presentation was required upon completion where the students had to defend their proposal.
Prior to the presentation, all teams were sequestered in a hotel room, with no internet access for 12 hours to prepare the required information using only their school and co-op experiences as a resource.
Annual Student Awards
- The Wentworth Bowl
- Unsung Hero Award
- Outstanding First Year Leadership Award
- Outstanding Sophomore Leadership Award
- Outstanding Junior Leadership Award
- Paragon Award
- Advocate for Multiculturalism Award
- Charles A. Rosselli Student Organization Advisor Award
- Student Organization of the Year Award
Construction Management Student Award Winners 2015
- President’s Award for Construction Management - Zachary Spencer