Construction Management Club
The Construction Management Club is a student-led and student supported organization at Wentworth. With outside support from the Professional Chapters of The Associated General Contractors of America, Construction Management Association of America, and Associated Builders and Constructors, we are able to expose the students at Wentworth Institute of Technology to a variety of industry related speakers, site visits and opportunities not available to them before the creation of our club. Outside of our Wentworth Institute of Technology budget allocation, the CM Club sustains itself mainly through fund raisers. We have chosen not to collect dues for our members.
- Austin Chaffee, President
- Angelos Nicolaou, Vice-President
- Taryn Doherty, Secretary
- Daniel Blum, Treasurer
- Chelsea Cohen, Fundraising Chair
- Phuong-Lan Ho, Public Relations Chair
- Aleksei Nicklas, Site Visit Chair
- Anzia Mendez-Neff, Community Sevice Chair
- Paul Franklin, Guest Speaker Chair
- Todd Johnson, Faculty Advisor
Sigma Lambda Chi
The fundamental purpose of Sigma Lambda Chi is to provide recognition to outstanding students in construction curricula. Sigma Lambda Chi is the society that offers students the opportunity to be recognized locally and internationally for their academic accomplishments as a construction major.
Aside from the fundamental purpose, Sigma Lambda Chi has three objectives:
- The first is to render service to the major field of study. This is accomplished by active student participation in tasks and events that affect the construction program that houses the local Sigma Lambda Chi chapter.
- The second objective is to develop good relations among campus, industry, and the public. Undertaking projects which further this purpose is expected of members of Sigma Lambda Chi.
- The third objective is to recognize outstanding professional individuals in construction. Sigma Lambda Chi has honorary membership classifications that can be bestowed upon individuals who deserve special recognition because of their contribution to construction education or some facet of the construction industry