Employment in Construction Management
Wentworth's educational strategy integrates work experience with classroom and lab experience. All students complete two semesters of construction management experience working in the industry.
Previous employers include, but are not limited to: Gilbane Building Company • GSA • Hansel Phelps • MassPort • R.H. White Construction Company • Shawmut Design and Construction • Structure Tone, Inc. • Suffolk Construction • Turner Construction
What’s a typical starting salary?
$50,000 - $55,000 per year
What are the other program benefits?
- Construction Management in Training Certificate (CMIT): Every CM student will take the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) CMIT test. The CM program will prepare you to take and pass this examination. Upon passing the examination, you will be recognized as a Construction Professional in training.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Training: Every student will complete the OSHA 30-hour Construction Training as part of the curriculum. This training is in high demand by employers in the industry.
- Laptop Program: Students are provided with laptops preloaded with latest industry software required by the CM program. The laptop and software are updated every two years.
- Sophomore Mentoring Program: You are matched with a construction professional who will be available to mentor you as you are introduced to your new profession.
- Guest Lecture Series: Thanks to our contacts with local construction firms we often offer exclusive events featuring the CEO’s of major construction firms.