Career preparation at Wentworth also includes finding, securing and successfully completing two co-op semesters. Co-ops are full-time, work experiences in Wentworth's curriculum. For four year majors, co-op is in the spring of junior year and the fall of senior year. For five year majors, co-op is in the summer before the senior and fifth year.
Students in the Construction Management Department have worked at great companies including: Turner Construction, Skanska, Suffolk, Shawmut, and Perini.
Co-op allows students to gain valuable skills such as:
- Providing site investigations
- Conducting on-site risk assessments
- Estimating and scheduling small and large projects
- Monitoring construction sites and layouts
- Coordinating field activities
- Learning and applying software
- Contracting subcontractors
- Surveying grounds using GPS
Each major has its own designated co-op coordinator, who assists students in finding and securing co-ops.
Other Career Services
Career information, workshops and seminars are available to Construction Management students beginning their first year. Career Services, located in Wentworth Hall, provides these services at no cost to current, full-time students and graduates:
- Resume & cover letter critiques
- Mock Interview Days
- Individual mock interviews
- Career Fair
- Construction Management department networking events
- Workshops on salary negotiation and benefits