Alumni Builds - Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
Name: Seth Porter
Date of Graduation: 2007
Company: Shawmut Design and Construction
Project Name: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse
Picture/Rendering of Project: Attached
Owner: Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group
Location: Boston, MA
Brief Description of Project:
- Use: Fine dining restaurant
- Design Features: Terrace overlooking the water, full height glass walls throughout, wine rooms / wine cases storing 8,275 bottles, large private dining room
- Unusual Challenges: Fast schedule, tight site over the water.
Brief Description of Your Role:
- Title: Estimator
- What you did: Estimated the construction cost
- Your greatest contribution (proudest moment): Bringing the cost down to the owners budget without losing the design intent.
- What you enjoyed: Working on a high end restaurant in my backyard.
- Experience gained: Budgets can be met if you think outside the box with strategies to reduce pricing.
- How WIT prepared you: 2 years of estimating classes, and all I learned through coops.