Arioch Center Photo

Student Services and Facilities

Athletics and Recreation

Lee Conrad, Director
Tansey Gym Room 202A
Phone: 617-989-4146

Students are encouraged to participate in the varsity, intramural, club, and recreational athletic programs available at Wentworth. Specific information is available in the Athletic Department office in the Nelson Recreation Building office. Wentworth is a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and competes as a member of The Commonwealth Coast Conference (TCCC). It is also affiliated with Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC).

Varsity Sports

Wentworth offers intercollegiate competition for men in baseball, basketball, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, rifle, soccer, tennis, and volleyball. Women’s intercollegiate teams include basketball, rifle, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball. Schedules can be found in the Athletic Office, the Dean of Students’ Office, and on the Wentworth website.

Intramural Competition

Wentworth offers students the opportunity to compete in a number of sports through the Colleges of the Fenway (COF) intramural program. Games are played in many sports including: basketball, flag football, indoor soccer, dodgeball, softball, volleyball and whiffleball. All day program students enrolled at Wentworth who satisfy the conditions of eligibility may compete. Varsity athletes may not participate in intramural competition in those sports in which they are presently competing at the varsity level.

Tansey Gymnasium and Nelson Recreation Building

The Tansey Gymnasium and the Nelson Recreation Building contains three standard basketball courts and facilities for one-wall handball, volleyball, and similar sports. In addition, a full-size rifle range is located in the basement along with a fully-equipped fitness center on the third floor. Locker rooms for both men and women are available. The main athletic offices are located on the second floor. 

Sweeney Field, an outdoor athletic complex on campus, consists of regulation lacrosse, soccer, and softball fields with lighting for evening use. This facility is also available for recreational and intramural uses. There are also three tennis courts located between Tansey Gymnasium and Watson Hall.

Career Center

Greg Denon, Director
Wentworth Hall, Room 101
Phone: 617-989-4112

The Wentworth Career Center offers students and graduates a full range of career services which includes career advising, cooperative education, career information and resources, graduate school planning, and employment services. The Center is located in Wentworth Hall and is open Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

Career Services

Career Services provides career advising to students or alumni (client) at any point in their college or post-college experience. Career Services assists clients with individual career issues; with gathering occupational and employment information; with establishing short- and long-term career goals; with exploring different career paths; and with making informed and purposeful career decisions.

Cooperative Education

As a requirement for graduation, undergraduate day program students complete one career development course and two cooperative education semesters, typically one in each of the junior and senior years. A student must register for a co-op course in order for their work experience to fulfill a co-op requirement. Typically, a student will not take other courses during their co-op semester. Enrollment in a co-op course maintains a student’s full-time student status.

Note that transfer students must complete at least one semester in residence at Wentworth before being eligible for the cooperative education program.

Students must reach an appropriate class standing and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher to qualify for co-op. Students not meeting this standard by the end of the semester immediately preceding their co-op term will not be eligible for co-op. The student will be dropped from their co-op enrollment.

Upon completion of the co-op and assignments, students earn a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) grade, which is recorded on the student’s academic transcript.

Review of transferable industrial work experience (as a substitute for co-op) must be work congruent with approved co-op positions. Occasionally students enter the baccalaureate day programs with substantial work experience in their major field. With the approval of the Director of the Career Center, this work experience may be substituted for one or both of the cooperative education requirements. Students must formally petition to receive this course substitution.

Two semesters of optional cooperative education are also offered, one in the summer prior to junior year for students who have completed all prerequisites for junior year courses and have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0, the other for students who have successfully completed their two required semesters.

There is no cooperative education requirement for students working towards a degree in the College of Professional and Continuing Education.

Career Information and Resources

Career Services makes current career information and employment projections accessible to students as they explore and make their career decisions.

Employment Services

Career Services assists clients in exploring possibilities that match their career goal; developing job-search competencies and methods to present themselves effectively; obtaining information on employment opportunities (full-time and co-op) and prospective employers; connecting with employers; developing and maintaining relationships with employers.

Through an online job posting and recruiting system, an annual career fair and specialized recruiting events, students and employers are able to connect for co-op and full-time job opportunities.

Graduate School Planning

Career Services assists clients in obtaining information on graduate/professional schools and preparing for the graduate/professional school application process.

Center For Community & Learning Partnerships

553 Huntington Avenue
Phone: 617-989-4992

The Center for Community & Learning Partnerships facilitates and strengthens partnerships that yield transformative educational experiences for students while addressing community interests. Students can engage in community-based work through classroom-based projects, organized student groups, or as individual volunteers. Further, students can initiate their own project ideas with guidance and resources provided by the Center. Resources available to students include education awards for service, community work study, community-co-op, training, and program support. Students who engage in extensive community-based work can also enroll to earn a Certificate for Community Learning as part of their degree. Information about the Center’s many projects, programs, and resources can be found on the web at

Counseling Center

Maura Mulligan, Director of Counseling Services
Watson Hall, Room 003
Phone: 617-989-4232

The Counseling Center is staffed by professionally trained counselors who are available to discuss various mental health issues with students. Counselors are frequently consulted for a number of reasons, which may include family issues, problems in relationships, eating disorders, stress, anxiety, depression, adjustment to college life, and academic and study difficulties.

Students may be seen for short-term therapy or can be given a referral to an off-campus therapist. The services of the Counseling Center are available without charge. All sessions with Counselors are strictly confidential.

Faculty and staff can play an integral role in identifying students who may need a referral to a counselor. If there are concerns about a student, faculty and staff are encouraged to consult with the Counseling Center.

A student with a learning, physical, or psychiatric disability should contact the Disability Specialist in the Counseling Center. Support services and reasonable accommodations can be arranged. Timely notification is necessary for coordinating appropriate services. 

The Counseling Center, located on the ground floor of Watson Hall, Room 003, is open Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Later appointments can be individually arranged on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Appointments may be made in person, by calling 617-989-4390, or by e-mailing the Counseling Center at

Dean of Students

Annamaria Wenner, Dean of Students/Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
Rubenstein Hall 003
Phone: 617-989-4410

The Dean of Students is the advocate for all students at the Institute and works to make the student’s experience at Wentworth as positive as possible. Students are encouraged to drop by the office to voice questions or concerns regarding personal, career, and social issues. The Dean of Students is housed in the Office of Student Life, which publishes the Student Handbook that includes the Student Code of Conduct and information about services for students. The Dean of Students oversees Division of Student Affairs which includes Housing and Residential Life, Counseling Services, Health Services, New Student Programs, Community Standards, Student Leadership Programs, Career Services, Wellness Education, and Student Life. As an educational partner in the Institute, the Division of Student Affairs is committed to engaging students in learning opportunities that augment their academic and personal growth. These experiences foster the development of students as contributors to their professions and to the greater community. The Dean of Students is also responsible for ensuring that the Student Code of Conduct is upheld. Students are encouraged to call attention to any behavior that is in conflict with the expectations of the Institute and/or violates the rights of others. Students are expected to be familiar with and comply with any policy or procedure set forth in any official Wentworth publication or by any Institute official.

Health Services

Watson Hall, Room 003
Phone: 617-989-4070

Harvard Vanguard Student Health Services, which is located on the ground floor of Watson Hall (Room 003), is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from September to May and during the summer weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (appointments available 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.) Please call 617-989-4070 for an appointment during operating hours. All students wishing to use HVSHS will need to register before an appointment can be made. Please call 1-800-249-1767 to register. Be sure to identify yourself as a Wentworth student. Wentworth students also have access to medical care at Harvard Vanguard’s Kenmore practice (133 Brookline Avenue) when HVSHS is not open. This would include: weekday mornings from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., weekday evenings from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sundays and holidays from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Please call HVSHS at 617-989-4070 to schedule an appointment.

In the case of a life-threatening emergency, students should immediately contact Wentworth Office of Public Safety at 617-989-4400. Medical advice via phone is also available during times when neither HVSHS nor the Harvard Vanguard Kenmore practices are open. This can be accessed by dialing the main HVSHS telephone number 617-989-4070.

Students may be seen at HVSHS either through the walk-in clinic or by appointment. Students who want physical exams or have chronic illnesses should call the receptionist to make an appointment. There is no charge for most visits to health care providers at the HVSHS clinic although there may be a charge for immunizations or some laboratory tests. The primary clinician at HVSHS is a Nurse Practitioner with extensive student health experience. In addition, a medical doctor sees patients at HVSHS every Thursday morning.

HVSHS respects student confidentiality under the HIPPA laws. No health information is released to parents or college staff without the student’s written authorization unless required by law or unless it is a life-threatening situation. If you have questions about privacy and confidentiality please contact HVSHS at 617-989-4070.

Massachusetts law requires that all full-time college students present evidence that they are immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, Hepatitis B, and tetanus (a tetanus booster within 10 years). In addition, students living on campus are also required to have received a meningitis vaccine or sign a waiver refusing meningitis immunization (refer to health form information in paragraph below). New students are strongly encouraged to have a physical examination.

A seven-page health form that covers both the immunization record and meningitis information is sent to all incoming first-year students in the spring. The health form requires signature by a health care provider. All students participating in varsity and club athletics must have a recent (within the year) physical examination; this can either be done by their own medical provider or by HVSHS. A student who attended a high school in Massachusetts or a previous college may locate a record of his/her immunizations there. This must be signed by the school nurse or health care provider. The military services may have a record of immunizations for students who are veterans. Proof of immunity is required if records are not available.

If you have a question about immunizations or any other health questions, please contact HVSHS at 617-989-4070 or check the Healthy Living at Wentworth web page.

Housing and Residential Life

Phillip Bernard, Director
Evans Way, Room 002
Phone: 617-989-4160

The Office of Housing and Residential Life (OHRL) is grounded in its belief that every interaction provides an opportunity to educate. In partnership with other campus offices, OHRL creates and facilitates residential communities that support and develop students’ personal, academic, and professional success.

Wentworth accommodates over 1,900 students in multiple residence halls:

Evans Way and Tudbury Hall are arranged in suites of 4 to 12 students. Each suite has a central living room, one to two bathrooms, and two to four bedrooms. Evans Way also has a study room, exercise room, and a multi-purpose auditorium. Students living here are required to purchase the “A” meal plan

Baker Hall is a traditional style residence hall. The five floors in Baker Hall provide a community atmosphere with frequent opportunities to interact with other students. The building has community lounges for group studying or socializing. Students living here are required to purchase the “A” meal plan

Edwards/Rodgers is an apartment complex housing upperclass students in studio and one-bedroom apartments. Each apartment has a kitchen and dining area, bathroom, living room, and bedroom. (In the studios, the living and bedroom are one room.) Edwards/Rodgers also has a study room/game room, and an outdoor barbeque grill for student use. Student living here are required to purchase the “C” meal plan.

Louis Prang and Vancouver Street apartments are available for upperclass students and offer a variety of living arrangements. All units have kitchen and bathroom facilities and are managed by the Edwards/Rodgers residence director and resident assistant staff. Student living here are required to purchase the “C” meal plan.

610 Huntington Avenue houses upperclass students in 4 and 6 person apartments with double bedrooms, a common area, kitchen, and bathroom. 610 Huntington Avenue also features an exercise room, a computer room, a large lounge, a game room, and a meeting/study area. Student living here are required to purchase the “C” meal plan.

555 Huntington Avenue houses upper-class students in apartments ranging from 4 to 9 students with singles, doubles, and triples. All apartments have a kitchen area and bedrooms. Each floor above the second area has a lounge/study area. Student living here are required to purchase the “C” meal plan.

Each of the co-ed residence halls is staffed with a professional live-in Resident Director and a paraprofessional staff of undergraduate Resident Assistants responsible for maintaining a welcoming, educational, and purposeful community which focuses on personal and social student development. If students have questions or concerns about their living situation they are encouraged to seek the help of the Resident Assistants or their Resident Directors who oversee their residence areas.

For more information, call 617-989-4160 or visit the Housing and Residential Life Office located on the ground floor in the rear of the Evans Way residence hall.

International Student Services

Jeanmarie Ambrose, Director
Student Service Center
Phone: 617-989-4391

International Student Services (ISS) staff members are available to assist international students in maintaining their legal non-immigrant status in the United States (U.S.) and strives to ensure a smooth transition to life in the U.S. through International Student Orientation and other programs throughout the year. ISS is available to assist students individually in their personal, social, and academic adjustment to Wentworth and the U.S.

ISS is the source of information at Wentworth regarding the regulations and policies of the U.S. government as they pertain to international students. Any international student with questions regarding his or her F-1 Student status should contact ISS to obtain an analysis of, and recommendations for, his or her specific situation. ISS will address questions related to employment, maintaining valid status, obtaining a new visa or Form I-20, or any other related topic.

It is the responsibility of each student to maintain his or her valid status in the United States. Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) records of international students are maintained through ISS in order to provide information to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) on each student as required by law.

Public Safety

Kevin M. Moore, Director
610 Huntington Avenue
Phone: 617-989-4405

The 24-hour Public Safety Office is located at 610 Huntington Avenue on the first level of the residence hall. The department provides 24-hour police and security services to the campus community. Public Safety assistance or safety escorts may be obtained by calling 617-989-4400, or activating an information/emergency call box located throughout campus. In case of an emergency, call 617-989-4444.

We strongly encourage all community members to promptly report criminal and suspicious activity, potential threats to the community, and other emergencies to the Public Safety Department.

Student Leadership Programs

Peter H. Fowler, Director/Assistant Dean of Students
Beatty Hall, fourth floor
Phone: 617-989-4082

The Office of Student Leadership Programs (SLP) works with the student clubs, organizations, and interested students to plan programs and activities for the Wentworth community.

Opportunities for involvement at Wentworth are extensive. Organizations and professional associations affiliated with students’ majors provide a way to get involved, round out their college experience, and pursue their interests. A listing of the recognized clubs and organizations is available in the SLP.

Programs coordinated and offered by the SLP include the Soar in Four leadership programs, the spring awards program, Family Weekend, Colleges of the Fenway co-sponsored events, student discount T-pass program, tickets to various theatres, movies, museums, shows, and Boston attractions. The SLP also provides advisement and support for each individual club, the Wentworth Student Government (WSG), the Wentworth Events Board (WEB), and the WIRE radio station.

Wentworth also offers students the opportunity to join one of its seven sports clubs: crew, cycling, mountain biking, outdoor club, men’s rugby, women’s rugby, and ultimate Frisbee. These teams offer training and compete at the collegiate level.

For more information, contact the OSLP at 617-989-4080. Also consult the Campus Life tab on LConnect for various links and announcements.

Lower Beatty Hall

The facility on the ground floor of Beatty Hall offers students the opportunity for lounging between classes, having a cup of Starbucks coffee, playing a game of pool, or working out in the new fitness center. The space may also be used for programs and events. For more information, please contact the Office of Student Leadership Programs (OSLP) by calling 617-989-4080.

Beatty Hall Fourth Floor

Offices for WEB, WSG, and WIRE are located in the SLP suite in Beatty 418. Also located here is the Intercultural Center, providing a place for lounging and/or studying, use of its resources such as books and magazines, and information about involvement in its social and educational programs.

The SLP suite also houses the ticket center, a conference room for use by student groups for meetings, and the offices of the Director, Associate Director, Assistant Directors, Program Advisor, and Office Manager. To reserve the conference room, call 617-989-4080 or stop by Beatty 418.

The SLP suite is open Monday through Thursday from 8:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.

© Wentworth Institute of Technology   |   550 Huntington Avenue   |   Boston, MA 02115   |   617-989-4590