Start building your future now. Wentworth offers one of the most comprehensive cooperative education (co-op) programs of its kind in the nation. The experience complements traditional classroom learning with a chance to build important skills and professional connections.
At Wentworth, 100 percent of co-op experiences are directly related to our students’ fields of study. When you return to campus, you can tie your coursework to concrete knowledge developed in the workplace. Moreover, you earn income and do not pay tuition during your co-op terms, allowing you to save toward future semesters. Like many students, you can choose to live on campus during co-op, maintaining close connections to friends and to Wentworth’s activities.
You will have plenty of support to help you achieve your professional goals. Co-op and career advisors from the career services office work with you, sponsoring workshops on résumé writing, job-search strategies, and interviewing techniques. Among the most successful programs are annual career fairs, mock interview days, an online job board, and on-campus recruiting.
These resources stay with you, because the career services office remains accessible to graduating students and alumni. Through career consultations, cooperative education, and employment services, you will develop the necessary tools and connections to transition from your college experience to your professional life.
Co-op Quick Facts
- All full-time day students pursuing any of Wentworth’s majors.
- Two required co-op work terms in your field. A third co-op job is optional.
- After completing two years in your program, when you have gained enough experience to be hired for meaningful, professional work.
- Anywhere—Boston, your hometown, or wherever you find the right position. Recently, students have worked in Australia, China, France, Ireland, Japan, Scotland, and Taiwan, as well as throughout New England, the mid-Atlantic states, Arizona, California,Florida, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
- Between 35 and 40 percent of Wentworth’s graduates typically accept permanent positions from their co-op employers. Everyone builds knowledge that becomes an invaluable credential.