News and Events
Hossein Noorian is a professor in the Department of Business Management where he has been teaching financial accounting, managerial accounting, financial management and engineering economy courses since 1983. Prof. Noorian also taught the above courses in addition to the graduate finance courses for the Master of Facility Management and the Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) programs for the College of Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) at Wentworth. Hossein Noorian earned a Master's of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from Northeastern University in June 1981 and earned a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in International Business from Tehran Business College in Tehran, Iran in 1978.
Prof. Noorian was granted the “2014 Excellence in Teaching Award’ by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) at their annual meeting in San Diego, California in April 2014. IACBE is the one of the national accrediting agencies which recognized the business programs in United States and a few selected countries in the world.The IACBE is a leading accrediting agency for the Business Administrations Programs among higher education institutions in the United States and many other countries.This award recognizes an exemplary teacher/ professor who is part of the IACBE community and is chosen based on the following criteria:
"The recipient will have used his or her expertise to make meaningful and significant contributions to student learning in a way that advances academic quality in business education."
"I am very pleased with this great academic and professional achievement," said Noorian.
Prof. Noorian was one of the selected judges at the IACBE’s Annual Student Case Competition in 2014.Awards
- Recipient of the “Gold Leopard Award” by the Wentworth Alumni Association in October 2013. This is the highest award that the Alumni Association can bestow to an individual.
- Granted one semester sabbatical in spring 2013.
- Recognized for 25 years of teaching at Wentworth in 2013
- Recipient of the Outstanding Service to the Institute by the Wentworth Alumni Association in 2007.
- Recipient of the President's Award for Excellence in Teaching; the "Grant Johnson Award" in 2006.
- Recipient of the first "Charles A. Rosselli Faculty Advisor of the Year Award" from Wentworth Institute of Technology at the Annual Student Awards’ Day in 1992.
- Established the $tudent Investment $ociety ($.I.$) in 1989 and was named "The 1992 Student Organization of the Year” among 35 student clubs at The Annual Student Awards’ Day at Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- Reviewed numerous books in the field of Accounting, Finance and Engineering Economy from different publishing companies.
- He has been an active member of the “Distinguished Faculty Lecture Program” at Wentworth Institute of Technology
- President and consequently the Faculty Advisor of the Sigma Beta Delta National Honor Society (Wentworth Chapter) since 2002.
- Co-Chair of the Service Learning Committee 2013-Present
- Member of the Sabbatical Review Committee at WIT 2013- Present
- Co-Chair of the Global Educational Committee (GEO) 2002-2009.
- Faculty Advisor to the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program 2003-2007
- Represented Division of Management Sciences at the Faculty Senate for a period of 4 years.
- Certificate E-Learning Institute (2), Wentworth Institute of Technology, February 2012
- Certificate E-Learning Institute (1), Wentworth Institute of Technology, October 2010
- Certificate in Online Instruction - Central Michigan University, May 2008
- American Accounting Association 1984-Present
- Institute of Management Accountants 1988-Present
- Eastern Finance Association 1996-Present