News and Events
Sep 27, 2012
Brown Bag: Finding a Job in the "New Normal" Economy
On Thursday, September 27, 2012, two senior executives discussed tips and techniques for finding that all important FIRST job. Bill Bachman and Andy Cahill spoke about the transition from college to the working world. A full room of hopeful students brought their lunch to the informal session to discuss tips and techniques to help them find their first job after college.
Students asked many questions. Below are tips that were shared at the event.
- Have a flawless resume.
- Research the company profile before the interview.
- Dress for success.
- Arrive 10 minutes early for the interview.
- Show motivation during the interview.
- Be prepared to answer the question, "Why do you want to work for our company?"
- Be prepared to discuss your strengths.
- Be prepared to discuss a weakness and how you seek to improve this area.
Bill Bachman, Former COO, Bingham McCutchen
Business Management Executive in Residence, 2012-Present
Andy Cahill, High Tech Executive
Former Business Management Executive in Residence, 2010-2012
More brown bag lunches will be scheduled throughout the semester. Please continue to visit the website.