Top 5 Reasons to Major in Computer Information Systems
- In a recent survey Information Systems graduates reported the highest level of job satisfaction over other majors (payscale.com).
- Projected job demand is higher than the average for all industries (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- CIS majors have some of the highest starting salaries nationwide with an average pay of $65,000 (US Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Business Week reports that CIS jobs are much less likely to be outsourced since CIS personnel must be present and involved in the process.
- Courses are all taught by actively engaged and educated faculty in small class sizes in a highly collaborative environment between technical and business professors.