News and Events
About the Business Management Program at Wentworth
Managers use their knowledge of management principles to oversee development and innovation, enhance quality and productivity, and assume leadership roles within companies.
As a student of our business management program, you will gain a working knowledge of both management and technology. You will acquire a solid background in all areas of management, along with the analytic and managerial skills you need to administer organizational resources. The curriculum covers finance, marketing, operations, organizational behavior, economics, and business law. The only undergraduate program of its kind in Massachusetts, and one of only a few in the nation, this program offers an innovative curriculum that prepares students to manage technology development and implementation, and accomplish organizational goals. Classroom studies are complemented by hands-on lab work and the successful completion of two co-op work semesters beginning junior year.
Wentworth Institute of Technology has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:Department of Business Management and Facility Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Facilitiy Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management
Business Management Degree Programs
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Business Management with elective focuses in Technology Project Management and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Facility Planning and Management
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Project Management (offered by the College of Professional and Continuing Education)
As a graduate of our business management program, you will be prepared for leadership roles in creating, sustaining, and exploiting competitive advantages through management principles and technology. Graduates seek career opportunities in sales, production management, marketing, field service, product development, finance, and quality assurance. Graduates may also pursue advanced degrees such as an M.B.A. or J.D., or take on an entrepreneurial role for themselves.