- What is the Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics (BSAM) curriculum?
- Is the BSAM degree really three years?
- How do I take a course at another Institution?
- Are there math facilitated study groups?
- Can I challenge a course?
- How do I stay in touch and learn more?
- What is the Math Club?
- Where can I find course descriptions?
- What courses are required for the Minor in Applied Math?
For questions about the program, please contact:
Chair of Applied Mathematics
Ira Allen 319 | 617-989-4368
Spring 2013 Applied Math Career Lecture Series
What: Speakers will talk about what they do, how they got there, how they use mathematics in their professions, give advice, and answer questions. All students, faculty, staff, and guests are invited. Applied Math Major students are required to attend.
Where: February 5th-April 9th in Ira Allen 122
When: Tuesdays at 4:00pm. (See schedule below.)
Questions: Contact Amanda Hattaway at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Math Advancing Transportation for the Public Good?
Tuesday, Feb. 5 4:00- 5:00 in Ira Allen 122
Mikio Yanagisawa and Anne Boisver, from Volpe National Transportation Systems Center)
What is a Software Consultant?
Tuesday, Feb. 12h 4:00- 5:00 in Ira Allen 122
Jamison (Jamey) Moeser, Ph.D., from Ab Initio
What is Supply Chain and Business Intelligence Management?
Tuesday, Feb. 26th 4:00- 5:00 in Ira Allen 122
Joseph C. Selle, from IBM Global Business Services
What is Machine Vision Analysis?"
Tuesday, March 5th 4:00-5:00 pm in Ira Allen 122
Yael Steinsaltz, Ph.D., Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.
"What is an Epidemiologist?"
Tuesday, April 9 4:00- 5:00 in Ira Allen 122
Alexander (Alec) Walker, M.D, Ph.D., Harvard School of Public Health