Wentworth Alumni Association
The mission of the Wentworth Alumni Association, Inc. is to align its goals and objectives with the Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) while encouraging a philanthropic culture among students, faculty, staff, and alumni. The Alumni Board will support the initiatives of the Office of Alumni Relations, the Alumni community, and work collaboratively with them to ensure that mutual goals are achieved. This includes the identification of candidates for future Board membership. The Association strives to establish and carry out means by which Wentworth Institute of Technology can regularly communicate with and serve alumni and to provide a mechanism through which the alumni may communicate with and serve Wentworth. The intent of this partnership is to ensure the continued excellence of Wentworth Institute of Technology. To implement this mission, the Alumni Association shall set the following goals:
- Offer to alumni and other appropriate constituencies diversely appealing activities that are educational, social, athletic and cultural.
- Involve increasing numbers of alumni in the attainment of all Alumni Association goals.
- Assist and support the fundraising efforts of Wentworth by creating and maintaining an awareness of the alumni body's responsibility of strong financial support to Wentworth Institute of Technology.
- Support and assist in the recruitment of qualified students for all Wentworth programs.
- Stimulate continuing intellectual and technical growth for all constituencies through symposia, seminars and publications that Wentworth provides for alumni.
- Recognize distinguished alumni service and career achievement.
- Support Wentworth Institute of Technology in its student and alumni career development programs.
- Propose qualified alumni as potential members of the Board of Trustees. Encourage communication between the Board of Trustees and the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Educate students, through visibility and interaction with alumni, about the benefits of a fun, life-long relationship with Wentworth.
- Broaden awareness of, and access to, services for alumni.