Jobs by Department
- Student Employment Home
- Admissions (2)
- Alumni Relations (1)
- Alumni Library (2)
- Annual Fund Office (1)
- Applied Mathematics (2)
- Architecture (5)
- Athletics (7)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Civil Engineering and Technology (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (3)
- Computer Science (1)
- Counseling and Disability Services (3)
- Dining Services (4)
- Division of Technology Services (1)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (1)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (1)
- Industrial Design (4)
- Institutional Advancement (1)
- Institutional Research (1)
- Interior Design (4)
- Mechanical Engineering and Technology (5)
- New Student Programs (1)
- Physical Plant (3)
- Provost's Office (15)
- Public Safety (2)
- Residential Life (5)
- Sciences Department (4)
- Student Service Center (1)
This position is currently filled.
EmployerDivision of Technology Services
Address3rd Floor Beatty
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Lab Monitor is responsible for the operation of the Beatty Print Center for the duration of the shift by performing the following duties:
- Perform Tier 1 Help Desk responsibilities including but not limited to password resets, software troubleshooting, software installation, and printer installation.
- Ensure functionality of all Print Center equipment and reporting through the job ticket system any equipment that cannot be fixed by the Lab Monitor.
- Ensures adherence to all process’ and procedures outline in the Lab Monitor Handbook
- Assume responsibility for supplies, completion of assigned trouble tickets, and lab security.
- Perform campus lab checks of DTS responsible computers labs and other assets as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill(s), and/or abilities required. Basic computer knowledge as well as customer service experience is a plus. Lab Monitor must be familiar with all of the computing and printing equipment in the Print Center. The monitor should be reliable in order to meet the work schedule and accountable for all activities that transpire in the Print Center during their shift. The candidate should possess advanced customer service skills and empathy for the needs and problems Print Center users encounter. The candidate should be a problem solver who is capable of following DTS procedures and policies. The candidate must be a confident self-starter who desires to improve the support structure of the Print Center, and who can function as a Team Leader for Special Projects.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment.
- Must have technical knowledge of the computing and printing equipment to provide leadership in maintenance and troubleshooting for the assigned lab.
- Must be able to work with no supervision.
- Must be able to supervise other students and demonstrate effective customer services skills.
- Must accept responsibility for being the sole point of contact for all of DTS for the duration of assigned shift.
- Must be able to enter and handle assigned job ticketing responsibilities.
Supervisor and Contact Information
Tristan Cary, Beatty 320
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both